Help for Newbie. SBE questions

Capt Ag

Gents,

Not a hunter or big firearms guy other than for personal protection, but I recently inherited the following shotgun and would like to know any details on what i have and approx value.

12 ga 3 1/2" Benelli Super Black Eagle. Auto, not a pump.

Vented/ribbed barrel marked Benelli ARMI SPA Urbino Italy

Wood stock with eagle button on bottom

Marked Heckler & Koch, Sterling VA made in Italy

Stamped with some star insignias - PSF Pinto BF

Overall i would say in excellent condition.

Thanks for any input

Gents,

Not a hunter or big firearms guy other than for personal protection, but I recently inherited the following shotgun and would like to know any details on what i have and approx value.

12 ga 3 1/2" Benelli Super Black Eagle. Auto, not a pump.

Vented/ribbed barrel marked Benelli ARMI SPA Urbino Italy

Wood stock with eagle button on bottom

Marked Heckler & Koch, Sterling VA made in Italy

Stamped with some star insignias - PSF Pinto BF

Overall i would say in excellent condition.

Thanks for any input

HK was the importer for Benelli Shotguns in the mid 1980's thru 1994 - Sterling VA -

HK and Benelli cancelled the relationship in 1994 from further importation of arms...

Benelli USA opened shop here in the U.S. afterwards...1995 - Current Operation...Benelli and Benelli USA have been owned by Beretta since 2000. The Benelli Super Black Eagle, a favorite of waterfowlers, was one of the first semi-automatic shotguns capable of firing the 2.75, 3, and 3.5 inch shotgun shells.

As for value, I would say $850-$1000 in excellant condition.

• 3 weeks later...

Great Point belchew. Now really is an opportunity to give it a try. Start at the local range and/ or sportmens groups. Get instruction for the various kind of shooting and get advice from different groups that can help open the doors to sporting and/or shooting opportunities and activities.