My Second Eastern Tom

grayghostsafaris

The next morning after taking my first Eastern (I've taken 4 Rio's a couple of years ago) I returned with my friend to his honey hole. That morning we coaxed another tom within short range. This time I shot him at 35 yards with Winchester XX Magnum #5s. DRT. This bird weighed 17+ lbs, 5" and 9" main beard with 2 - 15" hairs and one measuring 15.25 inches. Spurs were only 3/4ths of an inch but a nice tom regardless. It wasn't until the next day one of my friends advised me about the beard "the longest hair counts as length." I'm guessing that's a good one. I thought nothing about it when we arrived at my friends home. As with the previous night, we took two photos with his camera, but nothing showing a close up of the beards. However, if you look close enough, you can see the 3 strands of long hair in the large beard.

728999a0.jpg

Edited by grayghostsafaris
photo problems