Sad day for this benelli owner

dirtyb762

So after mediation with the soon to be ex wife I have to give her my benelli m4. She wanted that and one of my pistols out of my gun collection. I LOVE that shotgun but Saturday I must say goodbye to it.

Moral of the story don't get divorced. It could cost you your favorite shotgun.

Edited by dirtyb762

Don't know your wife, but I'm liking her attitude. You go girl !!!

Not sure what to make of that.

I hope it's in the sense that she likes shotguns and not that she just wanted it to spite her soon to be ex-husband. (which in my experience is exactly what it was...)

I had a girl friend in the 1980s with parents going through divorce. Her mom, simply to spite her dad, sold his weapons at a garage sale to include his family heirlooms, some dating back to the Civil War. So SD is right, it could be a LOT worse than losing a mass market shotgun you can buy anywhere.

Edited by BigHat

Tucker was just saying what most of you guys were thinking. I have a feeling Dirtyb762 will pick up another M4 soon enough and the memory of his last M4 and wife, will fade rapidly. Isn't this where M1014 jumps in with a picture of his "Safe Queens" to motivate Dirtyb to get a new M4 ? Let's toss politcal correctness out the window for a second. How many men on this sight wouldn't mine dating an "ex-wife" that just happens to own an M4??

That falls along the same lines as a divorcee woman who seized a fancy sports car but can't drive it. If she shoots the M4, then I'd say that's a big thumbs up.

Reminds me of that Married With Children episode where Al's dentist is getting raped by his ex wife on the phone right before he starts working on Al. She wanted some collectors item thing he owned because she knew it would hurt him more than the momentary value of it.

Frankly, I'm surprised more divorces don't end up like the Santa Claus killer from a few years ago in californiastan. As Chris Rock put it, "I don't agree with what you did... but I understand."

Thanks everyone for the support. It doesn't hurt too bad because I know either her or her dad will actually shoot it. She likes shotguns and when we were on better terms I bought her a Super Nova which she liked very much. I'm gonna be on the look out for M4 deals. I paid 1200 for the one she's getting. It was used but it fantastic shape. It could be worse I have several guns and she coulda asked for half of them but she just wanted my benelli and a Taurus pt24/7 which I never shoot anymore since I have 2 glocks now.

Tucker thats pretty funny. I have a sense of humor so it's ok. I'd shoot you with my shotgun but oh wait I don't have one anymore :p. To those of you who have seen pics of my benelli I can assure you that the one she is getting is not the crew served death machine that I spent a year upgrading. She's getting a bare bones m4 and when I find another it will be my new crew served death machine and I will continue upgrading it until I have to get a trailer just to take it to the range:cool:

• 3 weeks later...
So after mediation with the soon to be ex wife I have to give her my benelli m4. She wanted that and one of my pistols out of my gun collection. I LOVE that shotgun but Saturday I must say goodbye to it.

Moral of the story don't get divorced. It could cost you your favorite shotgun.

No, the moral of the story is not to get married in the first place. That really sucks :(