Carrier Comp tube, Nordic +1, and factory 5 round spring??

Smokin

I got my Carriercomp Ti tube today (beautuful part) and installed a Nordic +1 extension in lieu of the factory cap. The overall goal is to have 8+1 for multi gun competition. The Nordic tube is far smoother than the factory inside and the new follower and spring make the tube easier to load, but still not as easy to load as a customized M2. P at the range I opted to try the factory 5 round spring, and the M4 cycled flawlessly down to the last round on multiple tries. Is this common? Have any others tried this shorter spring setup? It loads much easier and would be s great mod if there aren't any known reliability issues

Any reason you guys are favoring the factory spring? Seems like you would naturally want to use the spring that is specifically made for extension tubes? Its not failing you now, but perhaps after some wear the spring will lose some of its, well... spring. It sure would be a bummer if it failed you at a critical moment.

Any reason you guys are favoring the factory spring? Seems like you would naturally want to use the spring that is specifically made for extension tubes? Its not failing you now, but perhaps after some wear the spring will lose some of its, well... spring. It sure would be a bummer if it failed you at a critical moment.

Easier loading = faster loading which is an essential part of multigun competition.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand that Benelli only offers one spring... even if you buy the factory full 7 round extention, this is true,Yes? I've been making and selling 7 round mag tubes here for 5 years and when asked about springs always say that the factory spring and follower work fine... have never had a report to the contrary.

PS, .... I have tubes in stock ready to ship, same price as always $165 ... reach me at [email protected]

....Seems like you would naturally want to use the spring that is specifically made for extension tubes? .... It sure would be a bummer if it failed you at a critical moment.

Critical moment is often encountered when firing from a roof top, aiming down, training scenario. The gravity retards rearward bolt velocity, and aids return to battery. Combine that notably quicker cycle time, and the overhead rounds now being fully supported by the spring underneath, as opposed to basic horizontal transfer. In that scenario failures can and do occur often, in the form of FTF, specifically the returning bolt will lock the shell stop before the "lazy" spring can pass a shell . If you do most of your shooting with the firearm horizontal, or aiming upwards, the weaker spring will almost always do the job.

• 2 weeks later...
Critical moment is often encountered when firing from a roof top, aiming down, training scenario. The gravity retards rearward bolt velocity, and aids return to battery. Combine that notably quicker cycle time, and the overhead rounds now being fully supported by the spring underneath, as opposed to basic horizontal transfer. In that scenario failures can and do occur often, in the form of FTF, specifically the returning bolt will lock the shell stop before the "lazy" spring can pass a shell . If you do most of your shooting with the firearm horizontal, or aiming upwards, the weaker spring will almost always do the job.

This is correct. However, I have also experienced this failure when using magnum 2.75" 12-pellet buckshot or 3" buckshot on the last or second to last rounds even when fired from a solid grip aimed horizontal.

Point is, use Kip's spring. Like everything else he does, that spring is perfect. It is made by Wolff and spec'ed by Kip to proper wire diameter and coil number to allow correct magazine capacity, long life, and the appropriate pressure right down to empty.