sbe 11 or m2 for sporting clays

Bravo470

I am a clay shooter here in the uk.At the moment I shoot a Beretta Tekyns but I am going to sell it as it jams too regular.I still rather shoot a semi auto rather than a o/u.I was thinking about the sbe11 or the M2.Can anyone offer any advice in respect of these two models and their sutability to sporting clays.(Benelli sporter not generaly available in the uk)

Originally posted by Bravo470:

I am a clay shooter here in the uk.At the moment I shoot a Beretta Tekyns but I am going to sell it as it jams too regular.I still rather shoot a semi auto rather than a o/u.I was thinking about the sbe11 or the M2.Can anyone offer any advice in respect of these two models and their sutability to sporting clays.(Benelli sporter not generaly available in the uk)

A little over a year ago I bought my M2 for bird hunting. You did not specify the type of stock that you are considering. I have the wood stock on mine. I have compared it against the Comfortech stock and the Beretta 391's and cannot tell any difference between the felt recoils using the same loads for a 5 shot comaprison with each gun.

Since that time I have gone to 8 or 10 registered Sporting CLays shoots with it. I also shoot 5-Stand twice a week at the local gun range.

When comparing it to the Beretta's it has never jammed or misfired for me. This is after shooting an average of about 3 to 4 flats of shells a month over that year. The only issue is that it does not cycle any thing less than 2.75 dram 1 ounce loads.

We also just finished off the last of the pheasants from last season. I ended up wiht 14 birds last year. This year it is going Goose and Duck huntig as well.

I would heartily reccomend the M2 as it is more suited to the field type shooting than the SBE's. This is my personal opinion though and and Tucker may dissagree on that one.

Mike :D