Which flashlight mount?

stealle

I'm looking for a flashlight mount for the magazine tube on my M4. I want a small picatinny rail pn the bottom of the magazine tube to mount a TRL-1 or Surefire X300 in front of the forearm.

To give you a better idea of what I'm looking for, here are two that I like the looks of, but would like to know if there is anything better.

KZ 3-Rail Shotgun Mount (Found this at Botach Tactical)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/kza.jpg/

Lite Mount Technologies 3-RAIL PICATINNY SHOTGUN MOUNT (This one I found at Brownells)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/804/litetech.jpg/

(sorry - for some reason I can't get these photos to post with proper html code)

Single rail would work too, but I prefer bottom mount instead of side mount.

Also, if someone could offer some mounting advice I would really appreciate it. I plan to mount this on the CC full length tube. I don't want to mar the Cerakote finish. I thought perhaps wrapping the tube with a little teflon tape?

Edited by stealle
speellang

I have the KZ 3. It's solid and well made. The downside to it is that you have to remove it to break down the gun and it's kind of a pain because of the numerous allen head screws. But it works well.

If you're worried about your finish I would recommend going to Home Depot and buying a can of Plasti Dip. I think that was it. It's usually in the paint section and you can pretty much dip anything in it and come out with a nice rubberized cover. A can is about $8 I think. You'll probably find a bunch of other uses for it too.

You may also want to rethink mounting the light on the bottom. It will likely be hard to activate under the gun unless you also go with a remote switch of some sort. Mounting on the side right in front of the grip makes it very easy to control with your thumb. Oh wait...you said TRL-1 or X300...I'm not familiar with the swtiches on those so maybe under will work. I have a 6P LED mounted on mine and it would be tough to activate it underneath.

Peace

Guest addyj672

I read some features about this mount. it is Rugged, machined aluminum rail mount clamps around 12 gauge shotgun magazine tube to provide rail space on three sides for secure mounting of tactical lights and laser aiming devices. Gets your light and/or laser where it belongs up front so it won’t be obstructed by your support hand or other gear.

I have the KZ. It's a good rail, holds on tight and I have no complaints. However, it does suck that you have to have a tool to take your gun apart. But it places the light in a good location on the bottom for easy access. I like it.

Thanks for the replies guys! Unfortunately, I'm not seeing many more options for a small picatinny rail directly UNDER the magazine tube (other than the ones I mentioned in my first post). A single picatinny rail would work too. I just want something small to mount an x300 or TRL. I want to keep the gun as lightweight as possible. I'd like to hear some more about the KZ or Light Mount or similar.

Personally, I'd be far more interested in a mounting solution that clamps to the barrel and that is low-profile enough that it does not interfere with field-stripping the Benelli M4 without tools. I should be able to install/remove the barrel without removing the mount.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]617[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]618[/ATTACH]I had a lot of trouble finding a light mount. I ended up getting a Streamlight Remington 870 mount. I enlarged the ring on the mount. I removed the front sling attachment point (on the barrel ring) and replaced it with my new modified Streamlight 870 adapter. I bought the mount for $10.00. It took about an hour of working with the dremel. Installation took 2 minutes needing only snap ring pliers. You can still field strip without tools because the mount is on the barrel ring, not the magazine.

Edited by Tony Scarboni
Added pictures

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Gear Sector makes specific picatinny rail mounts for the surfire flashlights like the x-300 etc.

I have a lot of their equipment. They parts are all machined very nicely.

http://www.gearsector.com/browse/category/mounts/flashlight-mounts/

I have one of the mounts. Very nicely made, and it is custom-designed to have the light very close to the gun. I highly recommend them.

Regards,

Here it is.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]880[/ATTACH]

You can buy it HERE.

Sweet. FINALLY a barrel mounted platform. But, uh, why just Streamlight M3 and M6? And where's a photo of it installed? I'm trying to figure out where I'd put that clamp so it is out of the way ... And how I would get it on the barrel in the first place. I mean, I figured that any solution would have to be a two-part mount just so that it could get past the front sight.

Edited by LeoAtrox
a

Sweet. FINALLY a barrel mounted platform. But, uh, why just Streamlight M3 and M6? And where's a photo of it installed? I'm trying to figure out where I'd put that clamp so it is out of the way ... And how I would get it on the barrel in the first place. I mean, I figured that any solution would have to be a two-part mount just so that it could get past the front sight.

Brugger & Thomet describe it as a barrel mount although I intend to mount it on the mag tube.

I don't know how you would barrel mount it since it's not in two parts.