Limbsaver Pad

gowest

Got one tonight - $32 at my shop.

Went in fine.

Put base in, tighten screws, it snugs right up.

Don't know how many times the plastic base will like being taken in and out, but I will prolly just use it for turks and use the Gel-Pad for ducks.

We'll see how it works. I've shot maybe 200 turkey rounds through this SBE II, so I'll know pretty quick if it has any effect.

mudhen - CA

I don't know what the "kick" difference is between your SBEs and my Nova h2o; but I put a Limbsaver on my gun and I'm very pleased with the reduction of recoil. Benelli didn't put much into the stock pad; I see no reason to put it back on.

Originally posted by Remy:

harry,

If you are speaking about the M1 Garand, I don't see a real need for a recoil reduction pad. Between the gas operation and the weight of the gun, I shoot an M1 all day without really being bothered from recoil.

No, I meant an M1S90 Benelli.

I tested the Limbsaver for the SBE II tonight.

I think it feels the same as the Benelli Gel-Pad that came with the gun.

If I had to describe it, I'd say the pressure feels more evenly distributed with the LS, but the felt recoil is about the same.

Not a total waste of $32, but I would not buy one again...

mudhen - CA

Originally posted by mudhen:

I tested the Limbsaver for the SBE II tonight.

I think it feels the same as the Benelli Gel-Pad that came with the gun.

If I had to describe it, I'd say the pressure feels more evenly distributed with the LS, but the felt recoil is about the same.

Not a total waste of $32, but I would not buy one again...

mudhen - CA

Thanks Mudhen.

Good check and test report.

I was considering getting one for my M2 but I think I will buy another flat of shells instead.

Mike smile.gif

Just tested out the SVL Limbsaver slip-on (medium)...SBE II w/steadygrip, rhino 0.660 choke...as we all know, original equipment pad is pretty stiff...the SVL made a considerable difference...could've shot 3 1/2's all day....