Recoil??

Ranger

Hello I'm new to the fourm. I just bought a SBE for myself and a M1 20ga for my wife. The M1 is in the shop having the stock cut to 13 LOP and being fitted with a terminator recoil pad. My question is with the stock being that short can it still accept a recoil reducer in the stock? Do you replace the stock nut with the suppressor or put the suppressor on behind it?

The Benelli web site says that the recoil reducer is only available for the 12 gauge. I don't know what size shells your wife will be shooting, but my 13-year-old daughter uses a youth model 20 ga Nova Pump, and she has shot as many as 92 field loads in an hour without a problem. She is only 5’1’’ and 105 lb. The M1 will also shoot a little softer than the Nova.

Ranger-- The softest recoil pad is the Gooey or the Super Gooey by Trapdude and they have 3 thicknesses, 3/4", 1", and 1-1/4". You can check their website www.trapdude.com. C & H Research makes Mercury Recoil Reducers that are as short as 3" and as small as 3/4" in dia. Their website is www.mercuryrecoil.com. Maybe some of these products will work. Good luck.--GB