M4 14" SBS C- stock LEGAL?

rhane71

New to the forum so please for give me. I know this has probably been asked 1000 times before but is it ok to install a c- stock on my 14" sbs? I live in Texas and this is my first time owning a 14" SBS. It came new in box and the dealer said it was ok to add it on but I wanted to make sure since he did not seem to sure about it. I don't want to have any troubles with the law for not being LE and having the C stock attached. If its ok to add it on where can I get an OEM one at a good price? Sorry for the newbie questions and thanks for the help.

YES!! it is absolutely legal to install a c-stock on your 14" SBS. provided you own it legally with it having been registered with the Feds as an "SBS". and since its already registered, you can put whatever you want on it. "here's where i'd put a cool icon, but these new ones on the new format are STUPID"!! GOOD LUCK with your new benelli.

From what I understand, an SBS does NOT circumvent 922r, and I actually would pay attention to 922r if I were "violating" it on an SBS or Form 4 weapon. Don't post pix or tell anyone about it online, of course, we know you wouldn't violate 922r, but I mean, if you were the kind of person that would.

Tread softly, say you will not do it, and then just don't tell anyone :)

*Normally I view 922r as so much BS, but on a Form 4 weapon it gets my attention a little bit.

Edited by Unobtanium

I'd throw US made parts in it just to be on the safe side. Once carriercomp's hammer is released, there will be sufficient production parts to circumvent 922 restrictions when using a collapsible stock.

1. Full length titanium magazine tube (carriercomp offers a short one for you 14")

2. carriercomp magazine tube follower

3. Forearm assembly, either Freedom Fighter's or the Surefire M80

4. carriercomp's US made hammer

Overall, you'll have a better, lighter weapon. While you're at it, add carriercomp's top rail and bolt handle. Throw in a GG&G bolt release. Maybe a set of night sights. Consider a weapon light to the package.

YES!! it is absolutely legal to install a c-stock on your 14" SBS. provided you own it legally with it having been registered with the Feds as an "SBS". and since its already registered, you can put whatever you want on it. "here's where i'd put a cool icon, but these new ones on the new format are STUPID"!! GOOD LUCK with your new benelli.

Now that is a class 3 weapon it is no longer considered a shotgun, or any type of regular firearm. You can put anything on it including a flame thrower (they are not regulated by the NFA)

Have fun.

-d

Guest cleefurd
From what I understand, an SBS does NOT circumvent 922r, and I actually would pay attention to 922r if I were "violating" it on an SBS or Form 4 weapon. Don't post pix or tell anyone about it online, of course, we know you wouldn't violate 922r, but I mean, if you were the kind of person that would.

Consider this;

You can buy a Benelli direct SBS M4 with proper paper work approval, and take receipt of said firearm as is, even though it fails parts count compliance.

That being said, it would stand to reason that "sporting purposes" have been renedered moot.

I have talked people out of buying 922® compliance items from me on that premise, to save them money.

Even during the AWB you could buy an MP5 sub-gun, and keep your FCG, flash suppressor, C-stock, import mags, etc based on the exemption of the existing configuration in its totality.

It's true. Freedom still exists after you pay the $200 tax on it.

Hi rhane71,

texas skeeter is correct. Have fun...

Now that is a class 3 weapon it is no longer considered a shotgun, or any type of regular firearm. You can put anything on it including a flame thrower (they are not regulated by the NFA)

Have fun.

-d

922R doesn't apply to NFA weapons.

WHAT??? Skeeter was right AGAIN??:cool: