SBE2 Recoil Reducer

tucker301

tucker301, There are 2 reducers currently available for a SBE 2 and both go on the front of the gun . One goes in the mag tube (11oz) and the other is a screw on forend cap type (8oz.). They are available from www.mpcsports.com and are manufactured by C & H Mercury Reducers. I am currently working with C & H to make one that will fit in the synthetic stock and should know in a couple weeks if it will work.--GB

• 2 weeks later...

tucker301,

I received the recoil reducers to go in the SBE ll synthetic stock on Fri. I installed them today and I think they're going to work fine. In the stock there are 2 (1-5oz. & 1-8oz.) to total 13oz. I also put a forend cap reducer on at 8oz., to give it some balance. With a Recoil Pad Replacement Kit I changed to a Limbsaver Pad. I had other things done to reduce the recoil also, let me know if you want the whole story.---GB

Maybe a dumb question but why are you going to great lengths to reduce the recoil? Is the recoil that bad? I'm not being a smart***, It's just that i have been researching the gun quite extensively and have asked about recoil before. Benelli claims it is the softest shooting autoloader out there. I have heard opionions both ways. I'd like to find one to shoot but can't even find one to buy!! If you are an experienced shooter please advise on the recoil compared to other autloaders(ie: Browning gold, Remington 1187 etc).

Hello,

Has anyone had a problem with too much weight on an inertia recoil system? I am curious as I am trying to adapt an M1 for clay games and have weighted it in the stock and mag tube. Running 1 oz loads it has been 100%. But am considering adding the mag tube cap weight. Will this be to much? Thanks....Dinger

Drundel-- Yes the KIT does 2 things, 1 it allows you to shorten the LOP on the synthetic stocks and 2 it allows the attachment of recoil pads other than the Gel pad that comes with the synthetic stocks.--GB

Turkey--Recoil doesn't always have to hurt to affect you. If you shoot a lot, recoil is absorbed by your whole body and can have a tiring effect. Therefore people who shoot say 200 rounds a day try avoid recoil. Hope this clears up things.--GB

• 2 years later...
turkey:

I can answer that one, older folks and people who have had shoulder injuries just can't take the abuse that "kids" can.

I fit into both categories; I have had one shoulder surgery and now need a total shoulder replacement. I am paying very close attention to this thread!!

• 2 weeks later...
tucker301,

I received the recoil reducers to go in the SBE ll synthetic stock on Fri. I installed them today and I think they're going to work fine. In the stock there are 2 (1-5oz. & 1-8oz.) to total 13oz. I also put a forend cap reducer on at 8oz., to give it some balance. With a Recoil Pad Replacement Kit I changed to a Limbsaver Pad. I had other things done to reduce the recoil also, let me know if you want the whole story.---GB

I would like the whole unadulterated story please.

Thanks

butwhat,

You bought the wrong gun.

Lightweight Inertia guns kick a bunch, because there's little weight resistance and no gas vented to cycle the action.

An Extrema2 would have served you much better.

That being said, you can use mercury reducers from C & H Research to add weight and kinetic dampening to scrub off some recoil.

They make a model that replaces the magazine cap and a model that replaces the limiter plug in the magazine.

I dont know if the gun will function with both in place, but you can sure try it.

I know one thing is that I put 50 rounds of 3 1/2 turkey loads through mine yesterday trying to get it broken in and my shoulder hurts. I don't know about the other autoloaders but my SBE II kicks about like a 870 super mag. I also bought the Benelli because of the advertised auto with a lot less recoil but you could never tell it by my shoulder.

I think you should send the SBE II to me and get the Beretta Extrema II, :D inertia guns kick a lot harder than gas operated ones, so I think benelli is saying that the SBE II is the lightest kicking inertia shotgun. Sdkidaho can tell you how much he likes his Beretta extrema II, another suggestion too is to maybe learn to shoot with your other shoulder? Just a thought.

Is there an in the stock model for the SBE II?

Do you know anything about the recoil absorbing pads for your shoulder? Like the rubber worm material pads only bigger?

But the Benelli Advertisement said it was the lowest recoiling gun ever. That's mostly why I bought it. Buttheads.

How does the gun compare when shooting heavy loads? 3 1/2" 00 buck for example?

There isn't a model for the stock. The SBEII's recoil system is in the stock and the tube extends towards the butt quite a ways.

In order for a stock tube to go in there, it would have to have a hole in it to accomodate the recoil tube or mount on the end of the tube.

One could custom make something using lead shot to add weight to the stock, but the mercury reducer from C&H will acomplish the same thing.

Some have said that the aftermarket pads from Limbsaver are better, some say not.

Advertising is a funny word that means embellishing the truth for profit.

ANY gun that's heavier and that uses gas to cycle the action will kick less. Simple matter of physics.

After the physics set the gun in motion, your shoulder is there to stop it. Lessening and dispersing the impact with a good recoil pad helps.

For practice shooting, you should perhaps consider a Caldwell Lead Sled .

For field and range, a padded shoulder vest may also help.

• 3 years later...

Goldern Bear, Hello Swacker II. I am new here, Can you privde the information on the new SBE II you tried? I have the comfort Tec stock and a steady grip strock. I have not been able to find a reducer that will fit in the comfort Tec stock. Thanks

Edited by SwackerII
misspelling