A little color for you guys

Mesa Tactical

Mesa Tactical has teamed with local supplier Freedom Fighter Tactical to bundle their US-made forends with Mesa Tactical’s Urbino Tactical stock for the Benelli M4 semi-automatic shotgun. This new product bundle will allow Benelli M4 owners to customize their shotguns with coyote-colored stock and forend “furniture.”

280.jpg

If these do well, the next versions will be OD green.

Mesa Tactical has teamed with local supplier Freedom Fighter Tactical to bundle their US-made forends with Mesa Tactical’s Urbino Tactical stock for the Benelli M4 semi-automatic shotgun. This new product bundle will allow Benelli M4 owners to customize their shotguns with coyote-colored stock and forend “furniture.”

280.jpg

If these do well, the next versions will be OD green.

Very nice to see you active on this forum!

I just bought a collapsible M4 stock. I bought it because I got a great deal, and because of things I heard about the grip on the Urbino. Like I said, "heard", not "experienced." Has Mesa changed anything with the grip, what was/is the deal?

Just my opinion, but it would look better with the PG sleeve and the recoil pad black instead of FDE.

I have the Urbino in FDE, but scrapped my black Freedom Fighter Tactical hand guards due to atrocius fit.

If anyone tries these new FDE ones and determines the tongue-&-groove, warpage, and tendency to "creak" loudly has been resolved, please let us know.

I would definitely give them (FFT) a second chance to match my Urbino.

Thanks for the post pics.

I have the Urbino in FDE, but scrapped my black Freedom Fighter Tactical hand guards due to atrocius fit.

If anyone tries these new FDE ones and determines the tongue-&-groove, warpage, and tendency to "creak" loudly has been resolved, please let us know.

I got my FF forearms two weeks ago.. they fit great (only needed to file off a tiny nub where it can't be seen) and they don't seem warped and I have noticed any "creaking".. :shrug:

I just bought a collapsible M4 stock. I bought it because I got a great deal, and because of things I heard about the grip on the Urbino. Like I said, "heard", not "experienced." Has Mesa changed anything with the grip, what was/is the deal?

The Urbino grip sleeves do not match the factory Benelli sleeves exactly, and at first we thought that was a problem. For example, I, personally, prefer the factory grip sleeve. Fortunately, for people who like the factory grip, it can be installed on the Urbino Tactical stock.

But now that the stock is out we have actually received more compliments than complaints about the grip, especially from people with smaller hands. Just yesterday we heard from someone who was concerned the grip might be too big for him, yet it's slightly smaller than the factory grip.

So, as usual, you can't please everyone.

We are still thinking about reworking the grip, but based on the feedback we have received so far, it has become far less of a priority.

That's awesome... would you be the only source for those forends? They make any forends for M1/M2?

This bundle is the result of an opportunity we spotted when we saw Freedom Fighter's forends. We envisioned a way to make our coyote stocks (of which we have about 500 in the warehouse) much more attractive. At the moment, we aren't really interested in the forend business per se, but depending on what happens with this bundle that could change.

Is there no bundle available for the stock colors?

Not from us, but there might be from Freedom Fighter; they have become a Mesa Tactical dealer and will soon have an inventory of Urbino Tactical stocks for the Benelli M4.

Just my opinion, but it would look better with the PG sleeve and the recoil pad black instead of FDE.

That would look cool. We will probably begin selling the grip sleeves separately in a few weeks, so folks can mix and match (and, of course, the black factory Benelli grip sleeve will fit on the Urbino Tactical stock). Black cheek risers are already available separately (SKU #91690).

The Limbsaver butt pads are black in any case:

282.jpg

Good looking kit. I'm not about to pop for a new stock set right now, but it is tempting.

Rats!

Full disclosure: when we decided to do this, one of our thoughts was that there would be customers out there would would actually buy multiple furniture sets in different colors! Even if you don't do it, we are betting a few others will!

Here are some SKUs and retail prices:

92730 Urbino Tactical Stock and Forend for Ben M4 (Standard Butt, 12-GA, Coyote) $165.00

92740 Urbino Tactical Stock and Forend for Ben M4 (Riser, Standard Butt, 12-GA, Coyote) $195.00

92750 Urbino Tactical Stock and Forend for Ben M4 (Limbsaver, 12-GA, Coyote) $190.00

92760 Urbino Tactical Stock and Forend for Ben M4 (Riser, Limbsaver, 12-GA, Coyote) $220.00

These will be available from Mesa Tactical in about a week; they should be available through the reseller channel by the middle of July.

OD is definitely on our (Mesa and FFT) minds. We want to see how these do. Since Eiko (below) is a friend and customer of ours, we have also been thinking about pink.

hellokitty_ar15assault_2.jpg

Thanks for your comments and encouragement.

Edited by Mesa Tactical

Did you contact Freedom Fighter about the fit you experienced, or ask them for money back or a replacement set?

I've bought several things from them and the parts and service were ~ awesome ~. Oh, including the handguards.

Did you contact Freedom Fighter about the fit you experienced, or ask them for money back or a replacement set?

Didn't have that luxury, since I bought them from a forum member whose experience varied, but hearing your more recent account, compels me to give it a shot and buy direct.

I do like the Urbino.

Didn't have that luxury, since I bought them from a forum member whose experience varied, but hearing your more recent account, compels me to give it a shot and buy direct.

I do like the Urbino.

I know that Todd at FFT would most likely take back/swap out the forearm if you gave him a call, even if you bought it from a forum member. He's a good guy to deal with and will stand behind his product.

Guest cleefurd
I know that Todd at FFT would most likely take back/swap out the forearm if you gave him a call, even if you bought it from a forum member. He's a good guy to deal with and will stand behind his product.

From the contact I've had with Todd, I have no doubt this is how he would handle it.

Thumb's up on the team effort too. Mesa Tactical also is 1st class in all respects. They have kept me updated as a distributor, and I would heartily recommend both vendor's products shown here.

FWIW My dad and I use both their products.

• 3 weeks later...