Rifled Choke on Nova

Brainwasher

Hey guys,

I just bought my first shotgun, a Benelli Nova, and I plan on doing some skeet and upland hunting. I used to do a decent amount of deer hunting with a Marlin 308 when I lived in Louisiana (most of the hunting was in east Texas), but now I live in Illinois where one can only hunt with a shotgun and was wondering what I could do to improve accuracy other than buying a rifled barrel.

Specifically, I was curious to know if anyone had tried using a rifled choke with a sabot round on their Benelli Nova, and if so could they share their set up and experience. Any thoughts on how this compares to using brenneke slugs with no choke? I am planning on buying a couple of boxes of slug and shot to see what the gun likes but I am very interested to hear what experience’s others have had.

Thanks for your help!!

• 7 months later...