Benelli M4 Tactical 11721 for sale - UPDATED PRICE/INFO

m4p226n

After all of the hijacking and rancor on my last thread the mods wisely deleted it, so I want to start over.

WTS: Benelli M4 Tactical LE model (#11721), purchased legally from an authorized Benelli LE dealer. $2375 shipped/insured to CONUS. Happy to take offers.

It comes with a fully functional (recoil tube is milled to facilitate 3-position adjustment, unlike the civilian M1014's which also came with the C-stock but could not be used as such) factory-installed 3 position collapsible stock, luminous 3-dot sights (factory luminous paint, not tritium), and all paperwork, factory box, etc. It is unfired, factory new.

The barrel is the 2 gas-port design (some older LE guns were sold with 4-port barrels and meant only for low-recoil ammunition) and takes interchangeable choke tubes (Benelli/Beretta "Mobil" chokes). All paperwork is included, and is what makes this gun unique versus an 11707 with an added C-stock.

I am a purist, and I prefer the LE model designation. If that doesn't matter to you, you can piece one together by buying a standard 11707 and a factory collapsible stock. As for me, I like the LE designation and the fact that the factory installed the collapsible stock.

If you have any questions, or if you would like to make an offer, let me know.

Best,

m4p226n

M4LE1172111.jpg

M4LE117215.jpg

Edited by m4p226n
Unobtainium gave me some fantastic ideas/forgot to include price, sorry!

Want to thank Unobtainium for volunteering invaluable input, on the forum and privately. Many thanks...he actually took the time to send me ideas to help the gun sell more quickly. Very much appreciated and wanted to let folks know here.

Want to thank Unobtainium for volunteering invaluable input, on the forum and privately. Many thanks...he actually took the time to send me ideas to help the gun sell more quickly. Very much appreciated and wanted to let folks know here.

Welcome. I think this ad is much more representative of the weapon than the first thread you posted. It is factual, concise, and does not leave room for vagaries. If we have a shortage of C-stocks or if another "scare" like the Obama election hits, this will move fast. I also suggest buying the +2 magazine extender OEM from Benelli since you do have LE contacts. There are many people who happily pay for them just because they want a 100% Benelli shotgun with a 7-round tube and that is about as close as you can get. Sell it in the package included only with the shotgun.

Just out of curiosity, I have a few questions about this potential transaction.

First, in your opinion, what are the benefits of owning the LE designated 11721 versus owning the model 11707 with an added OEM C-stock? Being a "purist", I assume there are specific reasons for owning the 11721 versus the 11707 and adding an OEM C-stock later. I am genuinely curious to know your thoughts on this.

Second, What benefits do you see in terms of the factory installing the C-stock versus that item being installed at a later date by the end user?

Third, since you purchased this M4 under the designation of "Law Enforcement", what are the options for warranty service should it be needed. It's my understanding that in order for LE sales, there must be some sort of Department paperwork involved in order for you to legally procure the weapon. That would mean that technically, as far as Beretta Defense is concerned, the weapon is more than likely tied in some way to the LE department it was originally procured through. Is this going to pose a problem in terms of potential warranty service for the individual who purchases this weapon?

Lastly, if it were me purchasing this, would you be willing to do the transfer FFL to FFL?

Thanks in advance for considering the questions that are important to me regarding this potential sale.

If you have any questions, or if you would like to make an offer, let me know.

Best,

m4p226n

Is his PM box full? Shoot him an offer and if it's realistic he might go for it. This site is not an equipment exchange and thus "has no rules" except federal/state regarding how WTS threads are conducted. If OP wants to conduct an "auction" he can do it unless the mods delete it. May piss a few people off/be annoying to some, but it looks like it's spawned a little more interest than the last WTS thread.

Edited by Unobtanium

Is his PM box full? Shoot him an offer and if it's realistic he might go for it. This site is not an equipment exchange and thus "has no rules" except federal/state regarding how WTS threads are conducted. If OP wants to conduct an "auction" he can do it unless the mods delete it. May piss a few people off/be annoying to some, but it looks like it's spawned a little more interest than the last WTS thread.

I think "truthfulness" would be a golden rule; and a post with the following title "...for sale - UPDATED PRICE/INFO" but which contains no actual price in the post smacks of untruthfulness.

Edited by TKTM

So sorry guys...I originally posted the price but Unobtainium actually re-wrote the ad for me and I cut/pasted it over my old ad but didn't re-post the price! He kindly sent me a PM telling me that I didn't post the price and I just got done seeing patients so I couldn't correct it until now.

Because of the feedback I decided to lower the price by $425 to $2375 shipped/insured to CONUS.

My mistake, very sorry! I have corrected the original ad. I will be happy to take offers as well. I listed it yesterday on GB with the updated info (but am not including shipping there) so if it sells there I will let you know.

Thank you.

I think "truthfulness" would be a golden rule; and a post with the following title "...for sale - UPDATED PRICE/INFO" but which contains no actual price in the post smacks of untruthfulness.

TKTM,

Please see my post explaining this...when I originally wrote the ad I did include the updated price of $2375 but when Unobtainium sent me some terrific ideas to replace what I had written I cut/pasted over what I had written and obviously didn't notice that I cut/pasted over my price...that's why the title of the thread says 'updated price/info'...I originally included it, or at least I thought I did...I've posted it on another forum and on GB (no free shipping for the GB people) and honestly I'm starting to lose track of what I posted/where. Just trying to move it. I will be happy to answer any other questions that you have.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

Thank you.

Edited by m4p226n
added info, hopefully helpful

Thank you for that...I have no intention of this being an auction ad. I will leave that to GB.

Thanks again!

Just out of curiosity, I have a few questions about this potential transaction.

First, in your opinion, what are the benefits of owning the LE designated 11721 versus owning the model 11707 with an added OEM C-stock? Being a "purist", I assume there are specific reasons for owning the 11721 versus the 11707 and adding an OEM C-stock later. I am genuinely curious to know your thoughts on this. There's probably no benefit practically speaking. I can break an anvil so I prefer to have the factory do stuff when possible. It's not a complicated process though so that in and of itself is not a good reason for most people. The reason I mentioned that I'm a purist is that I like certain model numbers over others. It's really just that simple. I buy OEM 100% of the time. I'm willing to pay extra for OEM stuff even though aftermarket stuff is probably just as good and in some cases demonstrably better. I am just wired that way. I like the fact that it says Benelli LE Product on the label. You can certainly do the same thing by buying an 11707 and a c-stock for less money if these things aren't important to you.

Second, What benefits do you see in terms of the factory installing the C-stock versus that item being installed at a later date by the end user?For 99% of folks, no benefits at all. As I said, I just like the factory to do things when possible. In no way is it necessary. I am certain that others could easily install one themselves.

Third, since you purchased this M4 under the designation of "Law Enforcement", what are the options for warranty service should it be needed. It's my understanding that in order for LE sales, there must be some sort of Department paperwork involved in order for you to legally procure the weapon. That would mean that technically, as far as Beretta Defense is concerned, the weapon is more than likely tied in some way to the LE department it was originally procured through. Is this going to pose a problem in terms of potential warranty service for the individual who purchases this weapon? I honestly don't know. I can't give you a definitive answer. I am able to buy things through LE dealers because I volunteer at my church in the safety and security ministry, and because I wanted to limit my church's liability, I actually went to security officer training on my own dime and obtained State of Florida Security Officer 'D' and 'G' licenses. It is not required at my church, but I did it because it technically limits their legal liability by my being able to show that I went to the trouble of going through the 68-odd hours of training, background checks, and applying for and receiving a state license. It limits my personal liability as well...also, I thought if I was going to volunteer in the safety/security ministry, that I wanted to learn what I could about security, eg laws about what security people can/can't do, security strategies, situational awareness, etc. I actually learned a lot in these classes. It was worth it to me.

Lastly, if it were me purchasing this, would you be willing to do the transfer FFL to FFL? Honestly I'd prefer not to...simply because it's a bit more of a hassle and would add to my costs.

Thanks in advance for considering the questions that are important to me regarding this potential sale.

You are very welcome. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask and I'll reply promptly.

Thank you.

m4p226n

Edited by m4p226n

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...