My 922(r) Compliant Benelli M4

M4Madness

U.S. parts:

CarrierComp titanium magazine tube

CarrierComp follower

KZ railed forearm

Geissele trigger

Since the 11701 consists of 15 imported parts, it is my understanding you are required to have 5 U.S. Parts.

The following was copied from the following link, scroll down to post # 2

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php/13576-Is-adding-a-factory-collapsible-stock-and-mag-tube-legal-on-M4-11707?highlight=GCA+922%28r%29

(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of --

(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of

the weapon;

(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and

(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine.

In order to assemble such a shotgun, it cannot consist of more than 10 imported parts, the the 11707 consists of 15.

These are:

Quote:

1. Receiver/frame

2. Barrel

3. Bolt

4. Bolt carrier

5. Trigger housing

6. Trigger

7. Disconnector

8. Hammer

9. Buttstock

10. Pistol grip

11. Forearm/handguard

12. Magazine tube

13. Follower

14. Gas Piston 1

15. Gas Piston 2

Edited by crofton
typo

Mine arrived out here in Arizona today. It's sitting at home right now while I'm at work. Most go by the ATF ruling that you must replace 3 specified parts with US production units to legally install a full length magazine tube, and retain the pistol grip stock. Most opt for the full length mag tube, follower, and either an Urbino or a replacement handguard. This hammer will make compliance cheaper for these users.

For use of the collapsible stock, you must replace 4 specified parts. This hammer was the elusive 4th item that no one could get unless they had something fabricated for themselves. Most opt for the full length mag tube, follower, handguards and now the hammer.

If quality US made parts become available down the road, I will gladly put them in to further underscore compliance. When and if carriercomp produces a disconnector and maybe a trigger, these will be welcome additions.

Since the 11701 consists of 15 imported parts,

14. Gas Piston 1

15. Gas Piston 2

Thats one part

Agreed. I have never seen a BATFE letter or ruling that lists the gas piston count on the M4 as two (and I never want to, so please don't go out looking for a letter that will make people feel like criminals). The two pistons have always counted as one part in all the BATFE letters I've read. The 15-part count quoted was a forum member's count, and was not sourced from any BATFE letter or ruling.

The 14 part count from BATFE was solid enough--based on direct communication with the ATF--for Freedom Fighter Tactical to feel comfortable publishing this number on their web site here: http://freedomfightertactical.com/922r-faq/ As a parts manufacturer, it is reasonable to assume that they have some amount of research to ensure legal compliance, and to ensure that they do not facilitate criminal activity; and, indeed, the FAQ confirms that they have. A parts manufacturer's FAQ doesn't carry the weight of law, but it's good enough for me to make an "educated decision."

Edited by LeoAtrox

I know what you mean. It's kind of difficult, isn't it, to want to obey the letter and the spirit of the law but because of the obscurity of some provisions, being left with the feeling that one almost needs to hire an attorney to interpret the law. Criminals feel no such constraints of conscience.

For those of us that are law-abiding gun owners, and I have no doubt that this includes all of us here, it is imperative that we engage in the political process and vote accordingly.

It makes no sense whatsoever to ban a gun with a higher capacity magazine simply because of the stock configuration.