Are you kidding me right now!

duckht183

Jeff Foiles clearly breaks the law and this is what he gets?

http://imperialvalleynews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10676&Itemid=1

13 months is prision followed by a one year supervised release during which time he can not hunt or guild hunts...What's wrong with this picture?

This guy does not deserve to hunt again! I would cut the guy some slack if this was a one time thing but not when it happens over multiple seasons...

I agree, he should lose his hunting priviledges for life. Part of the plea was an additional year of no hunting added onto the 13 months prison + 1 year of no hunting.

"Further, Foiles agreed to one additional year, following completion of his term of supervised release, during which he will not hunt or guide."

Here's the kicker though, it ain't a done deal yet.

"The court must determine whether or not to accept the plea agreements.If the plea agreements are accepted by the court, the government has agreed to dismiss the pending felony indictment against Foiles."

Here's the kicker though, it ain't a done deal yet.

"The court must determine whether or not to accept the plea agreements.If the plea agreements are accepted by the court, the government has agreed to dismiss the pending felony indictment against Foiles."

Yeah I read that, if the government lets this guy get off that easy than there is something seriously wrong here. They need to throw the book and make an example out of him.

There is a simple solution, however, a lot of Foiles supporters would not agree...

We don't do him any business, either at his club for hunts, or buy his gear. Ever. In perpetuity. Just because the injustice system didn't mete out what we may think is appropriate punishment, maybe we as potential customers should vote with our hard earned money not to support him. That would get his attention.

There is a simple solution, however, a lot of Foiles supporters would not agree...

We don't do him any business, either at his club for hunts, or buy his gear. Ever. In perpetuity. Just because the injustice system didn't mete out what we may think is appropriate punishment, maybe we as potential customers should vote with our hard earned money not to support him. That would get his attention.

Yeah I hear you on that one.

Why did the guy have to make some damn good calls? I own both the Foiles Dead Meat Mallard and the Market Hunter calls and I'd have to say that these are the best two calls that I've ever blown.

The Foiles Market Hunter vs The Zink Paralyzer is a toss up though....

But there is no way in **** that I will support his business anymore because I don't support a poacher.

Dude, I feel your pain. I've got a Showtime, Meat Grinder, and Dead Meat Mallard too....I'll be looking to get rid of them. The bad thing is I'm going to have to hunt some to replace them, as I am no Zink fan either.

If that plea agreement goes through, we as hunters need to send him a message. I'll bet he put up a boatload of cash to his attorney to get that type of plea agreement. I'll bet the $100,000.00 was going to be put up as hunts were booked and/or paid for this year. Unless he had some type of "slush fund" or "rainy day fund", which he can draw from.

I don't think he's going to get off that easy in Canada, though...of course, I could be wrong.

I also heard within the past day or so that Cabela's dropped him as soon as they heard he was charged, and they are offloading his products. Apparently they will not order anything from him in the future...

Kind of looks like the sponsors are jumping ship so to speak...