How short is legal for a Benelli, I want a cool concealed carry.

BlackDogs3

You don't live in the land of drunk cheeseheads, and now, the land of drunk and armed cheeseheads. I really don't like hand guns. I'm just looking for an alternative in length and weight for my SBEII. I really do not want to be lugging my SBEII around town. If I can get a M4 short enough, then I could stick it in a back pack or something. I think the M4 is the way to go, I am still researching the collapsable stock issue. Looks like it maybe illegal in the US. I don't think I can shorten an inertia recoil Benelli much due to the recoil tube in the stock. This is not something I really want to do, but how else do you navigate around the armed cheeseheads? Besides, if we are arming citizens, we should be ARMING citizens.

Mike - like your tagg, love my dogs.

Learn to like handguns if you're serious about carrying. A handgun is the fastest firearm you can deploy. Fractions of a second count. Having a short shotgun in your backpack is about as slow as you can get.

Carry strong side hip, or don't bother carrying at all. Unless you're out hiking or camping. Then you could add a rifle or shotgun and sling it. But in town? Handgun. Roughly 15% of the population of Arizona carry a concealed weapon or open carry. No one carries a rifle or shotgun. There might be one in their truck, but that isn't all that common anymore either.

Seek professional training beyond the basic CCW classes.

1st of all, I believe this is a bogus question and u are friggin with us!

With that in mind, you are talking about a sawed-off shotgun (or short-barreled) of course they are subjected to numerous legal issues. Assume you are planning on wearing a black Trench Coat aka "Men in Black".

With 96 post in this forum (didn't check out ur previous posts) one (actually only speaking for 'me') would assume you are smoking locoweed or on the payroll of Mayor Bloomberg.

Edited by crofton
unable to spell

They are passing or soon will pass a concealed carry law here in Cheeseland. I am not a fan of hand guns, too much aiming. How short can you get a M4 or other Benelli and still be legal? I think I want a Benelli with an extended mag as my cc.

Something like 36" or so. That's as short as the C-stock collapses. If you get the SBS version, about 32".

If you chopped a factory M4 barrel down to 10" and added the collapsible stock, the overall package length would be 26" with the stock collapsed. Or, you could go get a legal Keltec shotgun and have 15 rounds with an overall length of 26". It will be a pump though. It won't require a SBS NFA stamp or a ton of cash.

They are passing or soon will pass a concealed carry law here in Cheeseland. I am not a fan of hand guns, too much aiming. How short can you get a M4 or other Benelli and still be legal? I think I want a Benelli with an extended mag as my cc.

If you can't be bothered with aiming, you probably should seek more/better training before you decide you are responsible enough to carry a weapon. A shotgun must be skillfully aimed and fired. Your perception of concealed carry is questionable. Have you ever tried to conceal 8lbs of gun on your person? Full size handguns can be difficult to carry and conceal. Add in comfort and convience, you will find a combat shotgun to be lacking in all areas except stopping power. As a general rule, you should choose the largest caliber in the smallest package that you can shoot one handed (in case you are injured).

I live in Wisconsin, I will certainly be arming myself knowing this guy lives in my state. I like Wisconsin, there's good people here. Not sure what neighborhood this guy is from but it certainly isn't mine.

If you think you're gonna do any good with a shotgun in your backpack you're insane. You don't want to take the time to aim a handgun but you're planning on taking the time to remove a shotgun from a backpack....

I'd like to apologize to my fellow forum members for this dumb thread. Not all cheeseheads are like this guy.

I live in Wisconsin, I will certainly be arming myself knowing this guy lives in my state. I like Wisconsin, there's good people here. Not sure what neighborhood this guy is from but it certainly isn't mine.

If you think you're gonna do any good with a shotgun in your backpack you're insane. You don't want to take the time to aim a handgun but you're planning on taking the time to remove a shotgun from a backpack....

I'd like to apologize to my fellow forum members for this dumb thread. Not all cheeseheads are like this guy.

Sounds like a false sense of security to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3S24ofEQj4

One never knows...

Edited by Unobtanium

Ummm, you're not gonna' carry a shotgun for CCW unless it's NFA (end even then it's not practical). My M2 with a 14" bbl and factory PG stock is still 35" long overall. Can't shorten it more without cutting the mag tube (as is, it's 5+1) or hacking the stock off. My Street Sweeper is only 20" total (12" bbl) with the stock folded, but the 12 round cylinder is too wide for CCW. You "might" be OK with one of the super shorties out there (Surbu?) but even they are bulky compared to a handgun. It might seem/feel OK for a little while, but wear one for any amount of time and it'll get old.

Do yourself a favor (if this is a serious thread) and get a nice small handgun. I carried a Ruger P90DC .45 for a while, and even it was too big for realistic CCW. Got a nice Kimber ultra crimson carry .45 (3" 1911) and love it. I can wear it all day long and not even know it's there (neither will anyone else). But that's just my opinion....

IF you need spread shot, the Taurus Judge is your best option.