Anyone here plan on dove hunting this year?

Guest lynndhyatt

Guest lynndhyatt

Anyone here plan on dove hunting this year? If so, how do you prefer to hunt them? I like to scout before the season to find the food sources, roost trees, resting areas, water holes, and dirt roads....

Canon T3i Review

Edited by lynndhyatt

• 3 weeks later...

We hunt near Cibola Reserve in AZ, USA. The birds should be plentiful this year. AZ has raised the bag limit to 10 White Wings daily. That is a good sign. My son and I will be out scouting soon, cant wait to get the Benelli M1 Super 90's out of the safe! Good luck all.

• 3 weeks later...

My season in Virginia starts Saturday September 3rd from noon to sunset. I will have my new Stoeger 3500 with me as i usually am standing with my trusty remington 870 but i am finally tired of shucking shells! 15 per day, 30 in possession, Composed of mourning doves and white-winged doves, singly or in combination is what we are allowed here and i hunt i a management area that is specifically managed for dove! big thing in this area as people come from all over to hunt this management area and you really have to camp out the friday before opening Saturday just to get a spot! enough people to keep thousands of dove moving through the management area all day long for a guaranteed sore shoulder and a limit of birds! I will keep to myself how many boxes of shells it usually takes to make that sore shoulder and limit though! I start looking around a few weeks before season to find the best fields and fly patterns in that management area but once the shooting starts sometimes only the main flyways stay consistant from year to year because they change the fields and crops from year to year! Great fun!

• 3 weeks later...