Gas Piston O-Ring source

range rat

Hi Shooters, I recently bought an R1 and promptly disassembled and cleaned very thoroughly. The two o-rings attached to the gas assembly (I think the specific part is the gas collector cylinder) were in good shape but I thought I would buy some extras. Went on the Brownell's site and found an item number for "R1 O-Rings" and ordered it for 6.67 (with my C&R discount) thinking "gee I wonder how many o-rings will be in the packet. Well, I got one o-ring (gee thanks). Seems a bit steep, so I am wondering what you R1-experienced guys do to source these o-rings at a more reasonable cost.

Thanks

I spoke with Benelli customer service today and they suggested to check with Numrich (which I did, same o-ring, over $9) or authorized dealers. I'll ask my gunsmith about it and report back. I seriously doubt that the o-ring is made of anything special but I could be wrong.

Oh, I also requested and received an electronic document from Benelli that is a detailed schematic of the R1 with all parts and part numbers listed and illustrated. If anyone wants a copy, PM me with your email address and I will send it to you. The document is entitled "ARGO Spare Parts List" if you request it from Benelli.

Regards

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Hey i am reading this and replying many years after it was originally posted. I too could not see why it should cost 8-10 bucks for a tiny oring so i removed mine and measured it ............... with reasonable confidence i can say its a 012 size o-ring in Buna / Nitrile material . Bought a pack of 100 on Amazon for 4 bucks ........... will never probably use them but i have them just in case and at 4 bucks , deal of the century .

Edited by mmanning69

Great tip. I will order some now. My R1 has served me well. Have taken a number of whitetails with it, the last one was a 240 yard shot from a tower start on a cold but windless November morning in South Carolina. I get a lot of compliments about the rifle topped with a Trijicon scope from fellow hunters, especially the guys in law enforcement who I think like the tacticool look of it.

Hey i am reading this and relying many years after it was originally posted. I too could not see why it should cost 8-10 bucks for a tiny oring so i removed mine and measured it ............... with reasonable confidence i can say its a 012 size o-ring in Buna / Nitrile material . Bought a pack of 100 on Amazon for 4 bucks ........... will never probably use them but i have them just in case and at 4 bucks , deal of the century .