smallest light made?

ROCKETW19

I am taking my X400 of the M4 and moving it to my HK ump (clone)

I still want a light but it has to be small I also perfer a push button cap at the back over the tape switch. If at all possable a strobe would be perfect.

any suggestions? price dont matter but I would like quailty.

thanks as always for your time.

You're going with the 14" barrel on the M4 right?

What rail system are you mounting the light with?

I am gonna keep the M80

look at this beast http://www.surefire.com/M720V

I am not cheap at all but $800 bucks is nutz. I guess the IR makes the price go up?

someone also said the TLR3 that looks cool and small and very well priced just not sure of there quality

I am gonna keep the M80

look at this beast http://www.surefire.com/M720V

I am not cheap at all but $800 bucks is nutz. I guess the IR makes the price go up?

No, SUREFIRE makes the price go up :D

There's no doubt that they put out a quality product but man, sometimes I just think they're crazy with some of their prices. I gave you a couple ideas on the Calgun board. =)

Peace

If you don't need IR, it's a fail of a light. I was interested in a model they stopped production on that was 350 lumens. However, the activation system for it sucks. It is mostly tape switch driven.

I'd go for the Surefire Scout Light M600c at 200 lumens on the GearSector offset mount. You'll have to modify the M80 to accept it though. It is an easy modification. I would not get the M300. It isn't worth the minimal weight or drop in reduction.

The added length of the M600 over the M300 will compliment your barrel length.

You can get M600c's pretty cheap. Here is one on ebay from a seller that I've used before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUREFIRE-M600C-WEAPONLIGHT-BLACK-SCOUT-TACTICAL-200-LUM-/140591071901?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item20bbe1829d

$327.50 shipped is pretty good.

I have a slight case of OCD or what ever letters it is that I need things to be straight and neat. I have the gearsector off set mount now with my X400 and I can not take it. I have to mount the light on the bottom rail I know silly but thats just the way it is.

TLR 1 and 2 have strobe but seem big the TLR 3 is super small just dont know anything about them quailty wise.

The X400 was there(bottom) but I am to big I need my hand more foward and the X400 is long specially with the tape switch pluged in back.

now dual lights would be funny specialy if they strobed I would look like a discotec.

I have a pretty good conection for surefire I am gonna see how much I can get the "Raid" for if its in the 500s I might get one. Or wait for the non IR version

The best price I've seen so far for the RAID is about $750. You do realize that the RAID is pretty much tape switch only activation and has the size profile of a X400 right? It is also rather heavy at nearly 10 ounces. 150 lumens is rather weak.

For a comparison, an X300 is smaller, weighs 3.5 ounces, has a higher output of 170 lumens, and costs about 180 dollars.

Edited by StrangerDanger
New forum software SUCKS.

from what I can tell the Raid has a Clicky push botton also My guess is you could use either or? also "looks" like the "Raid" sits foward of the mount unlike the X400 that sits right in the center.

damn $750 thats no deal,lol I gotta call my guy and see. he gave me my X400 $330 and M80 for $180 out the door

630 is a good deal for that thing. Is that through New Frontier?

That button on the top of the light isn't really meant to be pressed while holding a forearm. You are going to have to use the tape switch. I'm not sure which switch it comes with. The one you're supposed to attach yourself, or if it is the XT-07 that has a rail cover segment. I had one of those on my AR for a while, it was a fail. I prefer the tail cap momentary/constant on option.

The issue with mounting on the shotgun is, it's going to jam your hand under recoil. Even with the forward mounting of the RAID, I think it is going to crowd your hand with that tape switch poking out the rear.

Another option you might want to consider is running a FVG on the front like Unobtanium has on his M80.

Yes new frontier

I think your right if it has to have a tape switch it will be almost same as my X400

I have a FVG from sure fire with built in light maybe I will stick it on to see looks. My guess is it's to big and bulky

Or I might just try and find a stock hand guard again, lol