Benelli MR1 Collapsible stock and the Supernova Tactical Collapsible stock mod

heckler&kochp2000

Just like the title reads , The supernova tactical collapsible stock fits the Benelli MR1 with a easy Mod if your into Modding , i was told they used a file and pocket knife to make the trigger fit ,and they love the way it turned out . :cool:

i will post how easy it was later today.

You can find them here from me or on Gunbroker.com

[email protected]

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Looks good. Thank you for the pics. Was it a Pain to modify the PG to fit?

Also how do you get by the 922r thing?

It wasn't my mod ,but it was very easy is was very little filling inside the grip and the mold lines are already there to guide you on the filing .

As far as 922r i wouldn't know how they went about it to tell you the truth.

• 3 weeks later...
Just like the title reads , The supernova tactical collapsible stock fits the Benelli MR1 with a easy Mod if your into Modding , i was told they used a file and pocket knife to make the trigger fit ,and they love the way it turned out . :cool:

[email protected]

I actually did this in my MR1 today. Used a Dremel with a steel cone, and the work was quick, and neat. Love the way the handgrip screws onto the threads of the recoil spring tube. Very solid, and I just happened to have exactly the right size drift to fit the holes on the nut. One thing I did learn is there is no need to remove the butt pad on the new stock. However, if you do, it's held on by two number 2 phillips accessed through tiny holes in the pad. Benelli people probably know that, but the MR1 is my first foray into Benelli Land. The job took about 45 minutes - 15 of that was looking at all the parts about 10 times. Also, the locking plate, the lock washer, and the bolt is not needed for the new installation. I wanted to store the bolt screwed all the way into the spring tube, but I put a small phillips screw driver in the hole, and the recoil spring plunger touched it when I cocked the weapon, so one can be sure it would be damaged in live fire. Finally, it takes a mighty heave-ho, and a hi-yo-Silver to depress the button to mount the stock on the tube. Once you get it over the first bump, you're good to go. I love not having to unscrew a bolt to remove the stock, which could hold lots of cleaning equipment inside. Phew! Does this all count as only one post?[TABLE=class: cke_editor, width: 0]

[TR=bgcolor: transparent]

[TD=class: cke_top, bgcolor: transparent]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: cke_contents, bgcolor: transparent][/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: cke_bottom, bgcolor: transparent]

Restore Auto-Saved Content

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

It wasn't my mod ,but it was very easy is was very little filling inside the grip and the mold lines are already there to guide you on the filing .

As far as 922r i wouldn't know how they went about it to tell you the truth.

Be careful with this. It probably isnt 922r compliant. This is the same reason you should not use this stock on a super nova without swapping parts for USA parts. Currently there are not enough USA parts to use on a super nova to make it 922r compliant with this stock. If you dont care you can disregard this advice.

Edited by Dntama

922r does apply to pumps. In any case the MR1 is a semiauto and would apply.

Actually, I'm not so sure we're connecting on this point. Here's the exact wording of the law that has everyone stirred up:

18 U.S.C. § 922®, specifically states the following: It shall be unlawful for any person to assemble from imported parts any semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation under the…[GCA]…Section 925(d)(3).as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes ….

Of course it rambles on for several more pages, but the crux is with the MR1, we are not assembling an "identical" rifle or shotgun which is prohibited from anything. There is no limitation on importation of the Benelli MR1.

I believe we are pretty quick to run up the white flag on issues before we go read the entire provision (I have done that a couple of times in the past 2-3 days). I believe any good defense attorney would have a cakewalk with this case, because when he asked the first prosecution witness if they if they have read and understand the entire code - they're goners. If they say yes, then all he needs to do is ask them to explain this provision.

As a final "twist of the bayonet" in the guv's gut, I bought my rifle from Academy Sporting Goods in Texas, bought the collapsible stock from a Benelli dealer, in the USA, and the owners manual clearly shows (verbiage and diagrams) exactly how to remove and install this stock on my weapon, and both the owners manual, and parts manual include the numbers. (By the way the recoil spring tube was pre-notched at the factory for this stock)

I don't want to come off like some kind of smart aleck, but it's time for gun owners to start learning the letter of the law - because that's hat we're held to. It's my understanding that no one has ever been prosecuted for violation of this statute on it's own. I don't know about that, but I would bet my case on the prosecutor relying on what someone else told him this law says - not what he's read.

Laws are to protect the common good - so let's start using them that way! - Chuck

Edited by ElevenBravo

OK modify and play at you own risk. The regulations are confusing. Add as many non sporting features like threading the muzzle and adding a flash hider as you like. I personally would not take the risk. Like I said if you dont care or think 922r does not apply you can do what you like.

Edited by Dntama

• 5 months later...

Mod worked great! Course I was just trying it to see if I could do it :) ...

MR1 + same Benelli Supernova Tactical Collapsible Stock bought off Amazon. At first I was gambling because I hadn't looked at the stock shaft (Recoil spring tube 049V)to tell if it had the notches in it, but it did. Had to pull of the rubber butt plate, then ratchet out the Stock retaining screw (053V). At this point it seemed obvious the Nut (075S) had to slide over the Recoil spring tube, but mine actually wouldn't. It got stuck 1/4 way down. Then I got a recommendation to use some sand paper and wraped a small peice around my finger, slid it inside the nut to file down the threads just a small touch. This worked perfect and the nut slid all the way to the base. Last part was trying to get the trigger casing to fit. Comparing the old stock with the new collapsible stock, you can tell there is a small difference. I didn't have a dremel, so I used an exacto blade and a couple of files to get the shape pretty close. Just getting it part wasy seated is good, since when you tighten the nut down, it will seat the rest of the way since it's plastic.

Been hunting for this stock, and last x-mas only found words that it had to be bought in CA, or Italy. I seriously would have taken the trip to get it. Now that I have it, in combination with the Eotech magnifier, I am able to dial in perfect eye relief. Sadly, I was going to return the Eotech or resell it, but now it's completely usable.

Thanks for the inspiration to MOD!!!

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I know this thread is about the MR1, but since your talking about collapsible stocks (particularly for the Supernova).

I bought the ATI Stoeger P350 Talon Adjustable Stock. With minor modification I was able to fit it on my Supernova.

Although, ATI told me that it "will not fit it with any modification." IT LOOKS GREAT!!!

Stoeger P350 Talon T2 Six Position Adjustable Shotgun Stock with Scorpion Recoil System

attachment.php?attachmentid=2280&d=1379863206&thumb=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=2281&d=1379863294&thumb=1

To start with,the Stoeger and Benelli are very similar in shape at the end of the reciever, with the biggest difference being the shape of the trigger guard. And that difference is not much at all. Listen, we all know that the "recoil spring rod" (on the Supernova standard) is a dummy rod, so you remove it from the reciever and your left with a hole about .300 deep in the reciever that is threaded. Now I emailed bennelli support and asked what size the thread was, but I recieved no response. It is M21x1. I guess if you can fin a M21x1. bolt, you could cut off .290 of it and drill and tap the center of it M12x1. but I didn'feel like looking and wanted to make the necessary mods myself to show that it could be done. So I made a threaded aluminum plug about .290 long with a threaded hole in the center to match the flathead bolt that is supplied with the ATI stock. bolt that is supplied is M12x1., not M8x1.25 as is stated in the installation instructions.Now the only other issue is the trigger guard. The pistol grip fits around the trigger guard, there's just not quite enough clearance depthwise. Break out the Dremel and clear it out a little deeper (if you do get this stock, as soon as you try to fit it you will see what I mean, IT'S NOT THAT COMPLICATATED. The mounting adapter sticks out a tad around the reciever, nothing a belt sander or dremel sanding drum can't alleviate. This adapter is what is called " hardcoated", but the hardcoat is not that thick. That being done, I taped off the reciever side and the stock side of the adapter and spayed it with Duplicoler spray bedliner to cover the areas where I sanded and also to make it more wear and chip resistant. Finally, I cut out a thin piece of rubber the same shape as the end of the reciever. this goes between the adapter and the reciever to increase the fit and maybe absorb a little recoil. THIS IS WHAT I DID, you dont HAVE to do it this way, once you see it you will see that there are other possibilities. MUCH cheaper than the alternative!

• 9 months later...

[email protected]

would this work with a super nova fixed stock aswell?

• 7 months later...

Sorry for digging up an old thread.... at least it's not over a year! ;)

So I'm trying my best to get my hands on an MR1. The wife said I can use some of our tax return money to finally get one... so when I get one I'm going to try to get the collapsible stock for it. I know they aren't importing the mr1 versions and that the supernova works if you mod it.... well what about the ATI supernova collapsible stock?

http://www.atigunstocks.com/benelli-supernova-raven-stock

Any chance it will work? Just looking at alternatives. I saw collapsible go for 500 on gunbroker about a month ago... this one is only 250 and readily available.

Just looking to the folks who know more about these guns. Before I get mine I would like to have an idea so maybe I can get the wife on board now!

Edited by redraif
Auto correct fail