New to the Benelli Family...

Davesnhere

Hello, Dave from Jersey here, First post as I just joined the forums... I just bought my first Benelli...a Super Vinci. Sorry if this has been asked before, but what is the best choke to use for 3 1/2" 00 buckshot? I picked up a couple boxes of both Federal, and Winchester(both copper plated) to see what kind of pattern I can get, but am not sure about the choke. Also is there anything special I need to do to break in my new gun other that just shoot it? TIA....

NOTE: some breaking-in period may

be required before your new gun

works perfectly with light target loads.

If you experience any initial functioning

problems, we recommended firing

three or four boxes of standard hunting

cartridges.

Read Manual Again! I would say that shooting 3.5 inch anything would be the best brake in you could think of as my SBEII had 30 rounds of various 3.5 inch round put thru it and it will cycle any shell i put in it and i was told to do the brake in this way because of the spring memorization and that is what the Benelli Rep told my Retailer! I would also say clean it and lube very well before first shooting! I would try the full choke and see what it looks like but i would also try some 3 inch buck shot also!

NOTE: some breaking-in period may

be required before your new gun

works perfectly with light target loads.

If you experience any initial functioning

problems, we recommended firing

three or four boxes of standard hunting

cartridges.

Read Manual Again! I would say that shooting 3.5 inch anything would be the best brake in you could think of as my SBEII had 30 rounds of various 3.5 inch round put thru it and it will cycle any shell i put in it and i was told to do the brake in this way because of the spring memorization and that is what the Benelli Rep told my Retailer! I would also say clean it and lube very well before first shooting! I would try the full choke and see what it looks like but i would also try some 3 inch buck shot also!

Hogwild, Thanks for the reply! I plan on running a few boxes of 3.5, followed by some 3". I have some left over 3" and some 2 3/4" buck shot and am curious what kind of pattern they will hold compared to the 3.5". Also gonna give it a good cleaning/lubing today. While it's definitely not the best looking gun, I can't wait to see what it can do!

Hello, Dave from Jersey...welcome aboard. I agree that the new Vinci and Super Vinci are at the very top of the shotgun chain...I bought a Vinci last year and love it. I also have an original HK Import 22 year old Super Black Eagle that I still shoot. Comparing the two, I liken the SBE to a 66 427 Corvette and the new Super Vinci to a modern 2011 Z06 Corvette...both reliable and functional and fast as heck but the new model is just a very refined version of the old.

• 2 months later...

Dave I am also a new member here and just purchased a Super Vinci also to shoot buckshot out of for deer here in Florida. Just curious as to if you have any feedback yet. I shoot Remington, Federal and Winchester and so far the 1450 fps Winchester patterns the best in Full choke at 50yds. I will say that I was expecting more but I am ordering more buckshot now and two different chokes to get more out of the gun.

• 8 years later...