M4 Magazine Plug (post 2 of 2)

etale

Here are the promised installation pictures (See

M4 Magazine Plug (post 1 of 2) ).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]916[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]917[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]918[/ATTACH]

I don't know how much the plug weighs (no scale), but it's pretty

damn light. Could be lightened with an aluminum (or titanium or CF...) plug, naturally. Length is perfect for a 2-round (2.75 or 3" shells) limit.

Of course, *technically* the law is that while hunting migratory birds, your shotgun must be capable of holding at most 3 rounds.

With the m4, strict adherence to this law would require plugging the mag to accept only 1 round. I don't expect the game warden to be familiar with ghosting, though...

Happy hunting.

Thanks much for the reference pic! It looks like installation of the factory limiter requires removal of the mag spring retainer clip. Is that the case? I had specifically wanted a limiter that would require no tools (e.g. c-clip pliers) to remove or install...

Yes it`s correct, first take off the magazine spring retainer, slide the limiter with the limiter guide ring in the tube and plug in the spring retainer.

From my picture above, the little ring about 3/4 of length on the limiter is to preventing the limiter guide ring to go too far back.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]920[/ATTACH]

Edited by jaegerbataillon511