SBEII RECOIL

RICK99

I HAVE A SBE1 AND MY HUNTING PARTNER JUST BOUGHT A NEW SBEII. HIS GUN HAS FAR MORE RECOIL THAN MY OLD ONE. IS THERE ANYTHING THAT COULD BE WRONG OR ANTHING THAT COULD BE DONE TO CHANGE THE KICK. HE HAS BEEN USING AN OLD MAG 10 REMINGTON AND SWEARS THAT THE SBE II RECOIL IS FAR WORSE.

Was the remington a gas gun? I'm not familiar with remington 10's. I could see a 3.5" 12 in a Benelli kicking more than a 10 in a gas gun. Benelli's require recoil to work so if kick is a problem for someone then a Benelli isn't the right gun. My buddy has an Ithaca Mag 10 and it's very soft on the shoulder.

[ 02-09-2006, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: IdahoDucker ]

I shot my new SBEII for the first time today. I started out with 2 3/4 high brass then worked up to 3 1/2 2oz loads. you bet they kick redface.gif but i can live with it it just differs from my other guns, the browning i traded off had more of a push this is sharper but bearable. I don't want to add any weight to the gun and when i'm shooting at game i won't even feel it.

• 1 month later...

With the same sort of loading, the SBEII will kick harder than a 10ga gas operated gun.

If you start adding weight such as one of those mercury recoil reducers, you will reduce recoil.

I wouldn't do that.

If the recoil is a big deal to you, get one of those pads to go on your shoulder.

And keep in mind, most hunters wear heavy jackets and such.

And the really heavy loads don't get used for very many shots anyway.

The SBEII with heavy loads is never going to be a light recoil gun.

The gun is light and the action system doesn't do much to reduce recoil.