Removing stock on Super Black Eagle

grouse3990

I want to replace the stock and forearm on my Super black eagle. I think that I only have to remove the trigger housing and unscrew the stock. Is that correct? I did this a long time ago when I first purchased this shotgun but can't remember.

APPLICABLE MODELS: BLACK EAGLE, SUPER BLACK EAGLE, MONTEFELTRO (12ga & 20ga) AND M1 SUPER 90

TOOLS NEEDED: 17mm WRENCH, 13MM DEEP SOCKET & RATCHET, #2 PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER

NOTE: ALL THREADED CONNECTIONS ARE RIGHT HAND THREAD

1. CHECK THAT THE FIREARM IS UNLOADED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE OWNERS MANUAL.

2. REMOVE THE RECOIL PAD SCREWS (ILL. 1) AND THE RECOIL PAD (ILL. 2) USING THE PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER. (TIP: LUBRICATING THE SCREWDRIVER TIP WITH GUN OIL OR HAND LOTION WILL PREVENT TEARING AROUND THE SCREW HOLES IN THE PAD.)

3. REMOVE THE STOCK RETAINING NUT (ILL. 4) USING THE 13mm DEEP SOCKET

4. SLIDE STOCK ASSEMBLY (ILL. 3) OFF OF THE RECOIL TUBE (ILL. 8) BE CAREFUL NOT TO LOSE THE LOCKWASHER (ILL. 5) OR THE LOCKING PLATE (ILL. 6) NOTE THE ORIENTATION OF THE LOCKING PLATE BEFORE REMOVAL.