Questions About a Benelli SuperNova ??

FatMatt

Im getting ready to purchase a New or Used Benelli SuperNova (Probably in the Max4 Camo pattern). I plan on using this shotgun for mainly waterfowl , and Clay targets. I would just like to know if I would be better off buying a "like new" Used one , or just buy a Brand new one. And also what to expect price wise with both a new and a "like new" used Benelli. I did a little research and discovered that unless you are the original buyer from a Benelli dealer the (5) year warranty is void. Im getting ready to go to a local gun show in 2 weeks and just want to go in fully prepared for what to look for Good and Bad. Thanks Matt

If you look you can find a brand new one online for $449.00

The only Benelli I found for 449.00 was at bud's and its not the supernova , just the Nova pump. They are asking 539.00 for the Supernova.

If you have a different website to find the SuperNova for $449.00 please post it , It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Again. Matt

You are correct. My bad. I know you wanted a 26" barrel but they should be the same price as the 28".

Here is the price quote you requested on our item, BENELLI SUPERNOVA 12 28 MAX4 COMF,

listed on BudsGunShop.com for MSRP:

We will sell it to you for $538.00. (The price does include shipping.)

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to buy things new, but ended up picking up a "like new" supernova at a local pawnshop for $350. It's in immaculate condition and I couldn't be happier about the quality. Cleaning this thing is also a breeze. So far I've put about 300 rounds threw it at the local trap range. No problems here.

Well I ended up going to Gander Mountain and picking up the Nova Pump on sale. Thanks to DoctorLivingStone for the tip. I had a little bit of a situation at Gander Mountain though... When I went to purchase , I filled out the normal FFL paperwork and 10 mins later came back "Delayed". The guy behind the counter said everyone in the past 48 hours has come back "Delayed". He said they have 8 days to get call back and let me know if Im Approved or Denied. So Eight LONG days later I never heard anything back , so I called and he said "They never called back , you can come pick it up anyways" I guess thats the law if they are back-logged or too busy to call back after 8 days you can go pick it up. So I go in on the 8th day (early morning) , They loss my paper work and the 299.99 deal was over and the "Mail-In rebates where expired. So I was a little irritated to say the least. They ended up selling me the Benelli Nova for 269.99 +Tax . So I guess it was worth the wait. Now waiting for some dry weather to go and try her out. Thanks to everyone who provided information.

Edited by FatMatt

• 1 month later...

Well It happened again. I think I'm done buying firearms from Dealers and only buying from private parties. I went in to check out a new local gun shop, they have been in business for about 90 days. I basically went in to check it out and look around at the inventory. I had around 300 bucks on me and really didn't think I was going to find a "Great" deal. Well I was wrong. I finally found a Beretta 92fs Inox for the ridiculous low price of 400 + tax. (424.00) after tax. So I put down 200 and said that I was interested in using a older Russian single shot 12ga as partial payment when i came back to pick it up. So Monday rolled around (Today) and I went to go pick it up , filled out the normal FFL paperwork and 15 minutes later came backed "Delayed Status". That's twice in the last 6 weeks and makes a 3rd time overall. I'm beyond pissed at this point. I payed off the remaining balance and immediately call the NICS unit at the FBI branch. They said My social security number is suspicious of Fraudulent charges. Basically she said I could file for a Voluntary appeal form , And request a U-Pin Number so that supposedly doenst happen again. But I have to jump a bunch of hoops and then have my finger prints rolled at my local police station and then submit all of the information Via USPS. I'm not going to do that. I'm just only going to buy from private parties from now on. They can save the Bull!@#$ for some other sucker. Just wanted to vent how pissed I am. If anyone else has ever had a problem like this , let me know how you fixed it. Thanks

• 1 year later...

Just bought a super nova tactical with fixed bore. Has anyone shot the new 12 gauge winchester PDX-1 shells with this gun safely? Since it had a slug in it I was not sure if my barrel was the right fit. I am using the 1 1/4 oz Green Lighting Slug by Brenneke which was recommended by the gun shop where I purchased the gun. I emailed Benelli 3 days ago no answer yet.

[h=1]Thanks[/h]

Just started using a shot gun again after a 25 year break. I have a 12 gauge super nova. Some basics on cleaning: Clean the gun after each time I use it? Is a bore snake good enough? Should I use a cleaning brush after each time I use the gun? Sorry this is not some far out advanced technical thread but the basics are important, right?

Thanks