carrierComp

peviti32

Been watching this board for the last three months and there are many bandleaders for Kip. For sure he does provide a great product (that what the bandleaders tell us), BUT he is lacking communications & business skills.

Sending emails and request end up in a carrierComp quagmire. Don't buy that he is a one man shop, recovering from an accident, working nights and one excuse after another. He just provides POOR customer support.

My $.02

I am an advocate for Kip - His products are among the best on the market - I would not dare comment on his work ethic. I have spoken with him on several occasions and found him to be a perfectionist with his products, very concerned he is making the best product and doing his best to take care of his customers. I would also agree he can be difficult to reach but I would never call this poor customer support. My guess would be he is doing the best he can under all the conditions - which we know nothing about.

I have only dealt with Carriercomp on one ocassion and had no problem. I bought my Benelli M4 on 27 August, came home, found this forum, and began asking questions. I decided to order the Carriercomp 7 rnd. mag tube and it arrived yesterday, 10 September 2011. I read the info on the Carriercomp web site before ordering and based on that info feel like my product was delivered in a timely manner. And you are right in your above statement, it is VERY nice craftsmanship!

Just for clarification, to try to keep from being included in a generalized statement. Responding metaphorically, I have never played in a band, much less been a band leader, and only give my opinions based on my personal first hand experience. I also have no equity or personal interest in Carriercomp.

There's always gonna be haters in this world especially with the "Its all about Me", "I dont wanna wait for Sh-t" and the "Giver" and "Taker" crowds!! Take Kip for example, he spends what spare time he has making the ABSOLUTE BEST parts with the utmost precision of perfectionism for a darn "Imported" shotgun. YES he's trying to make $$ as well but ill darn sure bet his investment hasnt paid off well yet.

so in my book he's an alright guy trying to make the ABSOLUTE best product he can and make some $$. that in my opinion puts him in the "Givers" catagory!! he could have easily opened up a McDonalds and collected his investment return!! not to mention he "IS" understaffed and cant get to every email or phonecall in a nano-second due to his clients parts demand/product research.

with all that being said why dont you go pound sand and cry somewhere else about your "Kip wont email me back" crybaby attitude!! also why dont you post what you do, where you work and we'll all see if you've ever had a Disgruntled customer from service "YOU'VE" provided. cause we ALL have had one in our careers and they dont just hop on the net and BASH us where we try to do some business. and im sure this thread DIDNT help your cause "Trying" to get parts from carriercomp.

He went out of his way to offer/make me the "First" 5 rd tube for my 14" barrel. and he didnt know me from adam!! now thats a Stand-up-Guy!! last but not least, what Possible question of yours could have "NOT" been answered with the BAZILLION threads relating to his parts??? or are you just Lazy and didnt want to take the time to read em. and let me guess, ill bet your in your twenties.......

Edited by texas skeeter

Been watching this board for the last three months and there are many bandleaders for Kip. For sure he does provide a great product (that what the bandleaders tell us), BUT he is lacking communications & business skills.

Sending emails and request end up in a carrierComp quagmire. Don't buy that he is a one man shop, recovering from an accident, working nights and one excuse after another. He just provides POOR customer support.

My $.02

You're just another generation of member doing some discovery learning having failed to drink the Kip Kool-Aid.

Be careful, the fanboys can be touchy. Your $.02 would be precisely on target, but no point in getting yourself flamed over and over. This is really OLD NEWS (tens of threads making the same observation for years). All I can suggest is that you avoid the hassles and shop elsewhere. Freedom Fighter and others are very good. You can also buy a replacement hammer directly from Bill Geissele if you have 922r issues/concerns.

Edited by BigHat

I have about every gizmo and gadget from every peddler you can bling-up the M4 with and I can tell you I have all of Carrier Comp's goodies related to the platform (except the soon-to-be-released black charging handle ?).....my Carrier Comp products are installed on my M4 and arrived / functioned flawless (and i'm picky!) ; Kip has been courtesy and timely in his email responses to my inquiries. Kip's not a peddler as others in the after market accessory industry.

I see your join date is less than 2 weeks old..........contribute something positive to the forum in the next two weeks and you may gain some standing in your whining.

That's all I have to say about this !

God bless America on 9/11.

Strike up the band because I am ready to lead.

I posted once before about being on vacation in Pensacola and being invited to Kip's home. When I arrived at 9am both of his hands were in casts and he had worked all night in his shop. He had my products ready and offered to install them and then proceeded to install my magazine tube. He took the time to explain his products and made it an all around good experience.

Put me on the fanboy/bandleader list of a great guy with superior products!

Edited by Heber Guy

My $.02

He has a lot of stuff going.

He is not a liar.

He does have issues with communication, but I have NEVER! seen him send out a sub-standard product, or fail to send out a product or issue a refund or anything of the sort. If you hand money to Kip, you will either get it back if you are whiny and impatient, or you will get the flawless product that you paid for.

When I call Kip, it can take ME up to a few days to get ahold of him. He's not ignoring anyone, he is legitimately busy. I have talked to him enough to know that he really enjoys talking to his customers, and he, too, knows this. If he is about to do something/doing something, he knows he cannot get embroiled in a conversation. Man knows his limits.

Is he perfect and is this the BEST communication/business model? No. His products are perfect, though, and that's what I'm paying him for.

Lately, however, his communication HAS actually seemed to improve as he has streamlined things. I remember "back in the day" when he was actually truly hard to get ahold of and products did take a long time to get.

Anyway, I'm far from Kip's fanboy, I just call things like I see it. He is the most OCD, perfectionist person that I have ever dealt with. The work he does for us on the Benelli M4 is just a sliver of what he is doing. Do you really think that he spent tens of thousands of dollars on all that equipment just to produce a few hundred bolt-handles? He has a few customers that you know nothing about, and for the sake of our people in the sand-box, they get first dibs on his time.

Edited by Unobtanium

And what has the OP contributed to this board besides posting a whiny thread?

I don't know Kip.. but on my M1014 I have his top rail, Ti charging handle and Ti extended mag.. his website isn't state-of-the-art by any stretch but it got the job done for placing my orders and the quality of his products is top notch. I've only had to email him once and he got back with me in 24 hours. Considering this is a side-gig I was ok with that.

The internet cry babies are far more annoying that a small companie's slower than expected response time.

Strike up the band because I am ready to lead.

I posted once before about being on vacation in Pensacola and being invited to Kip's home. When I arrived at 9am both of his hands were in casts and he had worked all night in his shop. He had my products ready and offered to install them and then proceeded to install my magazine tube. He took the time to explain his products and made it an all around good experience.

Put me on the fanboy/bandleader list of a great guy with superior products!

LOL, he had 2 casts on and you let him install your tube. thats funny but it shows the guy is legit. I dont call him i dont email him thats just silly waste of his time. I just order pay and get great product.

Interesting....there are always those business owners that talk a good game and are very helpful when their products don't work - even hold your hand when you screw up. There or others (like Kip) that do most of their talking through the quality, fit, finish and operability of their products. I prefer to deal with the latter.

Kip has never failed to deliver, he has executed every order I've ever launched from his website in less than the advertised time, and every single item I've ever receive from him has been the best quality part I could imagine. I have never had the need to communicate directly with Kip - and to me that is the best business model and customer support I could ever ask for. Is he hard to get ahold of......beats me - I've never had to, and I have pretty close to every product he offers for the M4.

If the truth as I see it makes me a fanboy - I can deal with that label. What are you if you drop in here and only post trash about a guy. Guess it sucks to be you!

The Carriercomp Staff has always addressed my emails pronto, as recently as Sept 9th, even though Kip was reportedly tending to family matters in New Mexico for 2 weeks. That sort of management, along with the candid and enlightening intro to his home page(shown below) has always been thoroughly refreshing. So if that's "Kip Kool-Aid for the band", pour me a glass. Tastes great!

Here's the intro to his home page. Suits me right down to the ground;

Welcome to Carriercomp.. Please read and understand the following details carefully BEFORE ORDERING!Carriercomp would like to express sincere gratitude for our customer's continued loyalty during our summertime routine, where the summer heat necessitates 3rd shift production. While this schedule makes fielding phone inquiries difficult, we strive to answer email inquiries as able, in an effort to balance production with contact and support for efficient customer satisfaction. Although our crew is small, each member cherishes hearing from and responding to our customers before, during, and after any transaction consideration. Your patience and loyalty has enabled us to continue operating under a "lean" business model, and explore efficient growth potential, without having to wield premium retail pricing in the process. Again, Thank You.

Guest cleefurd
You can add me too that list: send numerous emails regarding the availability of the M4 Picatinny Rail and have received 'zero' replies.

Good info, and good to know!!!

It appears as if we have missed the mark in efficiently responding. I apologize for that. If possible please confirm the email address, and note that as Bm4robbin stated, we have come to the conclusion that improperly prepared responses w/o subject lines may be rejected by the intended recipient's spam blockers. Again, our mistake. We do occasionally receive inquiries about the Picatinny rails, and we are striving to streamline the efficiency of our responses, as well as the procedure, to correct and or/ minimize observed deficiencies.

Thank you Crofton for bringing this to our attention, and if you are able, please indicate your forum name with any upcoming emails, so we can evaluate the reply status, in the hopes of determining what error/shortcoming we may ammend to improve our response procedures.

Thank You,

Kip

Edited by cleefurd