M4 on "cruiser ready" with hammer down

jaegerbataillon511

Hi there..is it recommended to have a "floater round" on the shellcarrier without a round in the chamber with the hammer down, and then retract the bolthandle to cock the hammer and load this shell into the chamber from the carrier?

I experienced that a round feeds on the shellcarrier from the magazine tube, when I press the trigger without a round in the chamber.

Is this okay..or not?

Hi there..is it recommended to have a "floater round" on the shellcarrier without a round in the chamber with the hammer down, and then retract the bolthandle to cock the hammer and load this shell into the chamber from the carrier?

I experienced that a round feeds on the shellcarrier from the magazine tube, when I press the trigger without a round in the chamber.

Is this okay..or not?

For sure, it is reference as "Cruiser Loading" note page 23 of TM10698A-10/1

Link: http://www.farrarsodfarm.com/nelli/USMC_M1014.pdf

EDIT: just reread your question, my bad. I misunderstood. If the weapon is on safe and no round on the carrier, it SHOULD not feed a round onto the carrier. If no round on the carrier and you have the weapon on fire and you pull the trigger on an empty chamber, a round WILL feed onto the carrier.

Crusier loading (bolt forward, chamber empty) is when you fill the magazine and then depress the "Shell release lever" that will insert a round onto the carrier.

KEEP THE WEAPON ON SAFE.

Hope I didn't muddle the issue. :-)

Edited by crofton

It`s ok, my bad english is like walking bakward across the highway :)...what I mean if it is good for the inertia of the firearm to have it "cruiser loaded" with the hammer down and then cocking the bolt back?

I read this USMC instruction on page 23, but there is no explaining on having the M4 with the hammer down.

Edited by jaegerbataillon511