Q: Default "from Factory" shim set up for Montefeltro and Super Nova?

Wrinklemash2

Greetings,

New to this forum, new Benelli owner, and I was wondering if you would kindly help me out.

What are the default "from factory" shim set ups for the Montefeltro and Super Nova? In other words, how do they come from factory?

Just purchased a new Montefeltro 20ga that came assembled with the youth stock, with an adult stock to grow with. I don't need the youth stock and want to put the regular adult stock on. What are the default "from factory" shims for the adult size stock?

Also purchased a used Super Nova from a left handed shooter so he altered the cast and set he drop for his personal preference. I am right handed and would like to know the default "from factory" set up for the Super Nova as well.

Having shouldered and shot several friends' Benelli's before, I know the default "from factory" setting fits me the best.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott,

Further clarification:

DX indicates cast off for right handed shooters

SX indicates cast on for left handed shooters

Z 45mm drop

A 50mm drop

B 55mm drop

C 60mm drop

D 65mm drop

I don't remember what the factory default shim settings are but B DX or C DX would be good starting points for a right handed shooter.

• 2 months later...