Finished my M4 today!

Bello

Have you experienced the handguards getting hot due to high round count? Back when my M4 was new, and I wanted to beat the crap out of it to make sure it wouldn't break again, I fired 400 rounds through it as fast as I could load it. Took between 12 & 15 minutes if I recall.

The barrel was HOT, and would burn you. But it wasn't burning your forearms on a metal shaolin monk style pot, hot. Nor were the handguards melting off. They were probably about 120 degrees. Plus, I'd just douche the barrel if it got real hot during a competition and save the 5 ounce weight penalty.

Have you experienced the handguards getting hot due to high round count? Back when my M4 was new, and I wanted to beat the crap out of it to make sure it wouldn't break again, I fired 400 rounds through it as fast as I could load it. Took between 12 & 15 minutes if I recall.

The barrel was HOT, and would burn you. But it wasn't burning your forearms on a metal shaolin monk style pot, hot. Nor were the handguards melting off. They were probably about 120 degrees. Plus, I'd just douche the barrel if it got real hot during a competition and save the 5 ounce weight penalty.

i put a crap load (about 500) of rounds through my M4 over several hours the other day, and the barrel definitely gets hot. i was wearing gloves and if the barrel touched my hand (sometimes while reloading) it definitely got my attention. i never thought about pouring water on the barrel.

Careful when you poor water on the barrel when it's really hot. The water will boil off and run down with gravity. So if your hand is below the point of pouring, you're going to get sizzled. I dump water on my AR's as well. A little water won't hurt anything.

It's usually beneficial when running a suppressor. Adding water will significantly increase the effectiveness of the suppressor.

Careful when you poor water on the barrel when it's really hot. The water will boil off and run down with gravity. So if your hand is below the point of pouring, you're going to get sizzled. I dump water on my AR's as well. A little water won't hurt anything.

It's usually beneficial when running a suppressor. Adding water will significantly increase the effectiveness of the suppressor.

Most companies that even rate their rifle suppressors for this only rate them for a few cc's of water. Be careful!