Trap shooting with SBEII

Team Benelli

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

a Trap gun is sooooooo much different then a field gun. I shot Trap with a Sport II but before that i used a Nova Pump, and M-1. There's no comparison. A Trap gun is made for trap and nothing else. a field gun was meant to be a field gun but can be used as a trap gun. But spending a little extra for a Trap gun is so worth it, the way it swings and fits and shoots is just crazy, like a said there's no comparison between a Trap gun and a field gun.

Originally posted by rotaxbruce:

Benelli has solved the need for a higher POI for Trap on the guns with the gel on the comb. You can order a raised comb that can be switched with the standard comb. It is on the web site http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/accessories.tpl

I just ordered an M2 ... the folks @ the shop said the comb inserts are included with the gun. I'm not sure about that and Benelli's web site is vague about it as well. I was unable to find any outlet that might sell them.

Just received my M2. Comes with the standard comb, raised can be ordered from benelli dealer. I have been shooting a Browning A-5 for 35yrs, was skeptical of the performance claims of the Benelli. After putting aprox 400 rounds thru it, I have one thing to say. It is without a doubt the best field shotgun I have ever had to my shoulder. Recoil is about half the browning, handling is twice as fast. And on top of it all, out of the box it cycles with 2 3/4 dr. 1oz shot. From watching the forum I have seen that some guns will shoot light loads and some will not. I guess I have one of the good ones.

Tucker, you have given some good advise to many people, you were insturmental in my purchasing a Benelli. It is everything you said it would be, Thanks!

Originally posted by cherok9878:

Tucker, you have given some good advise to many people, you were insturmental in my purchasing a Benelli. It is everything you said it would be, Thanks!

Thanks for saying. But it's easy to recommend a top-notch product.

Glad you're happy with it. ;)

I picked up the M2 on saturday, went to the range today and shot the 100 rounds for the break-in period. Shot very well, less recoil then my other guns. It was a pleasure to shoot, and I shot better with the M2 than my other guns. Wednesday night I'm going back to shoot skeet under the lights at night..I still have to pattern the gun for turkey loads that my son is going to use....

:D :D smile.gif