blueing on sbe2

brianwinter82

has anyone had problems with the blueing on the SBE2? i just bought mine this past spring and it is already junk! rest the gun against the boat rail once for early goose and scratched it to the metal. left it out in the truck over night last night and the barrel is completely covered in rust even though i oil the gun after every use!!! does anyone know how to get a hold of benelli i would really like to let them know how i feel!?

I use Inhibitor V80 and have no problems with rust at all. I also won't leave a gun in the case overnight...inside or outside and remember that oil only displaces the moisture. As for scratching the finish on the barrel...welcome to hunting dings, it happens to everybody no matter how carefull you are.

Tuck,

What color / pattern did you get yours dipped? I don't recall seeing a pic. Had one of mine dipped in digital cammo and love it.

I had my SBE barrel coated in Dura Coat and am very pleased with it...camo wasn't an option because I have the wood stocked original H&K SBE.

• 2 weeks later...

I had mine done in MODB camo.

About $200. I tried to post a pic earlier today, but it said it would be posted when approved by a moderator. I guess they're trying something new on SPAM filters. :rolleyes:

Reputable hydrographics companies include...

Tarjac

Hydro-dip (did mine)

CAMO Enterprises

(afraid to post links - Google them)

has anyone had problems with the blueing on the SBE2? i just bought mine this past spring and it is already junk! rest the gun against the boat rail once for early goose and scratched it to the metal. left it out in the truck over night last night and the barrel is completely covered in rust even though i oil the gun after every use!!! does anyone know how to get a hold of benelli i would really like to let them know how i feel!?

Another option is to strip the barrel down completely and degrease. Of course you have to tape off everything you don't want painted. You can prime with an automotive primer; use about 3 coats (rub lightly with a fine steel wool pad between primer coats to smooth). Then paint with a high heat flat black, and seal with a matte or flat clear coat(about 3 coats also). Make sure that each coat is completely dry or you will have the runs, and I heat the barrel pretty warm with a hair dryer and paint out in the sunlight. If you take your time and do it right, its a pretty tough finish, and considerably less expensive.

You may not be interested in this at all, but if so there are several places on the internet that gives good instructions on how to do it correctly. The following are just a few.

www.shtfblog.com/how-to-paint-your-rifle-digital-camouflage/

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1469570

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1469570

I had posted some links that detail a correct way to paint your gun barrels also. They are doing the whole approval thing with those links for SPAM checking and havn't posted it.

As long as they are stripped, primed, painted, and sealed with a good sealer they work great. I used 3 coats of automotive primer, 3 coats of flat black (rubbing with fine steel wool between all but the last coat), and 3 coats of a matte sealer. If the gun is black you can just go back with a flat black color and seal with a flat or matte clear coat.

There are several places but since they havn't posted the links for it you can google it. One is a sniper forum and another is a duck hunting forum.

This is a bit less expensive than dipping, although dipping is the optimal choice. It will be a much better coating than the factory stuff on the black guns.