Super 90 M1 serial number issue?

99gst_racer

I'm attempting to obtain it's manufacture date for my records. When I e-mailed Benelli, they told me that "it's missing a digit", but no other info. And I have yet to receive another reply from them. Not to mention that a few aftermarket parts require you to know the serial number to determine if the part will fit.

I'm really just curious now. How could the maker of the shotgun not be able to identify their own serial number? And I still want to know when it was manufacturered.

I have a 22 y/o HK SBE with a very early serial# - U0025XX. I contacted BCS in 2009 for a repair and they told me they didn't have any of the early HK serial numbers to work with but had me send it to them anyway...they replaced all of the internals at no cost to me...pretty stand up customer service by Benelli.

I would be interested to find out if HK still has an archived serial numbers list of their Benelli imports .

My M1 S90 also has a 5 digit serial number and was imported by H&K. It's just a short serial number because it's an early model. The manufacturing code is a couple of letters inside a small square, not the serial number. For example on my Benelli the code is AP in a small square. That means my Benelli was manufactired in 1986. If you do a search in the search box at the top of this sight and enter perhaps "Benelli Manufacturing dates" you will get the code list. It has been posted on this sight numeroius times. Then just compare your code to the list. Easy. The manufacture code on my Benelli is on the bottom of the receiver to the right of the trigger quard along with the proof marks.

My Benelli is in the Defense/Police Configuration. All black with rifle rights and 7 shot magazine (7+1) with rubber pistol grip. It cost me $557.50 back in 1986 which was a lot of money. At the same time bought the matching 28 inch ventilated rib barrel with 3 chokes, magazine limiter rod (2-shot) and a standard butt stock for an additional $247.75. My Benelli has never failed me in all these years. Takes any shotgun round including 2+1/2 inch British stuff and was an absolute hoot during my early Police Academy qualifications days at the range. My Benelli is pretty much a safe queen now (I'm retired), but I like to take it to the range every now and then and show off.

Thanks for the post, SgtCathy. I found the thread with the date codes.

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php/16571-Benelli-Date-of-manufactuer-code?p=91956#post91956

As it turns out, we have almost identical Benellis. Mine is the same package as yours, as well as the same AP date code. So, I guess that answers my question. Thanks to everyone who posted.

Edited by 99gst_racer

For record, here's are the e-mail responses that I recently received:

Benelli: "Please double check the serial number, you are missing a digit. I have tried to find information on this serial number and get nothing. Unfortunately, I cannot assist with this."

H&K: "We have no information at all in our computer systems or elsewhere about that particular shotgun & serial #."

For record, here's are the e-mail responses that I recently received:

Benelli: "Please double check the serial number, you are missing a digit. I have tried to find information on this serial number and get nothing. Unfortunately, I cannot assist with this."

H&K: "We have no information at all in our computer systems or elsewhere about that particular shotgun & serial #."

AS I mentioned earlier, Benelli had no H&K Import serial number on record for my H&K SBE and indicated that they have no records of any of the H&K marked(Benelli 's name was only on the barrels...not on the recievers)imported by H&K but Benelli did the repair service on my gun and charged me nothing.

Edited by hattles

• 8 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...