Decoys

Huntress

I am a very happy camper today! Called Rogers Sporting Goods to order my Christmas present today :)

Santa is bringing me a 6pk of Dakota Decoy x-treme

Canada geese floaters and a 12pk of DD x-treme Mallard floaters.

Now can someone please recommend what to buy to set them up in the water with for easy gathering?

They really need to be kept in slotted bags to protect your investment.

I like tanglefree or 300 lb monofilament with keelgrabber J weights and stretch cords.

I usually drill the back corner of the J anchors and add a short price of monfilament to use as a grab handle with heavy gloves and in icy conditions.

I got my decoys from Rogers out of Kansas yesterday.. boy that was fast service lol These decoys sure have the wow factor.. lol very nice. Now I need all the goodies to set them up :) I plan on picking up a few calls here locally... So I can start practicing for next yr :)

Ok I have some questions about what the decoy bags are made of... Are they canvas or some type of mesh screen like what is on patio furniture?? I am concerned about mildew and such.... I would really want something like mess which would speed up drying time with air flow. I plan on hanging them from the ceiling of a gambrel shed for storage. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I have 4 pack bags for my bigfoots they are made of pvc coated nylon.

Never had a problem with mildew. They dry overnight in the garage.

I have these with zippered lids so I can pack them with bases attached.......

http://www.customdecoybags.com/goosebags.html

but I couldn`t get her order form to work just now and if you google search looks like she`s been having some troubles/terrible reviews? :(

Too bad, best bags out there imo.

I had no problems with my orders, but that was a few years ago.

I bought her bags as I could afford them and chose hers because the slot size is 11x16x26

They have been awsome bags! I did punch holes in the bottom so they could drain.

Measure your dekes and check the slot sizes on the bags before you order them.

I like the Rogers ones with the drawstring cover.

Looks like they have 11x18x23 slots on the "bigfoot" bags

http://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=110&product_id=3080

I think if you put them in a mesh type duck decoy bag they`re going to get thrashed pretty quick.

I remember some bags had mesh bottoms when I was researching but that wouldn`t work for me they`d be destroyed in no time.

Good luck those are some nice decoys!