new m4 break-in

fullhouse

new to the forum, picked up my new M4 today. (my first shot gun) read on this site to run it wet during the break-in so

going to the range this weekend with a can of clp and 100rnds of some quality suggested ammo. also after this purchase i have only couple hundred bucks left so what must have upgrade to do first, full mag tube,bolt handle,or bolt release. thanks

You can break the weapon in with cheap high brass buckshot and slugs from Walmart. They sell 15 rounds for like 10 dollars. Or, you can use even cheaper high brass birdshot. I believe it is about 10 dollars for 25 rounds. I'd then run 200 rounds of bulk pack 12 gauge from Walmart through it to determine if it is broke in or not.

I'd get the full length magazine tube as my first upgrade. I'd opt for the carriercomp Titanium magazine tube which also comes with the US made follower and a higher quality Wolff magazine spring. I'd recoommend buying the carrierrcomp hammer at the same time so you'd be 922 compliant with the factory pistol grip stock on it.

Your M4 was sold to you in compliance. However, the addition of a full length magazine tube will require you to add enough US made parts to bring the imported parts count down. Fortunately these days, this is a rather easy prospect.

You must replace three (3) specific parts to maintain 922 compliance with the pistol grip stock. If you plan to add the factory collapsible stock, you'll need to replace four (4) specific parts.

1. Stock

2. Hammer

3. Forearm

4. Magazine Tube

5. Magazine Follower

To be clear, I do not believe anyone has ever been hassled by the cops about this since most cops simply aren't aware or do not care. You're more likely to be hassled by a douche range Nazi at your local range.

tocomply with 922 you can not increase the mag capcity unless you add three USA made parts. or the 922 police will get you.

I would get.

1) GGG bolt relaease pad

2) carrier comp Ti tube

Please be sure you know what you're taking about before posting 922r info. It's too dangerous to lead people astray in this area. The bolt release IS NOT A LISTED PART towards compliance!!

Please be sure you know what you're taking about before posting 922r info. It's too dangerous to lead people astray in this area. The bolt release IS NOT A LISTED PART towards compliance!!

pls make sure you read my post before you crap it. I did not list USA made parts, I listed the parts I recommend he adds to his M4. he didnt ask what parts he needs for 922 he asked what he should spend his $$ on.

pls make sure you read my post before you crap it. I did not list USA made parts, I listed the parts I recommend he adds to his M4. he didnt ask what parts he needs for 922 he asked what he should spend his $$ on.

when i read your post i also thought you were itemizing 922 parts. it's a complicated and easily confusing topic so it's important to be as clear as possible when posting on this topic. not to argue, but go back and take a look at your post and you can see how it could be easily misunderstood :) glad it's cleared up now :)

when i read your post i also thought you were itemizing 922 parts. it's a complicated and easily confusing topic so it's important to be as clear as possible when posting on this topic. not to argue, but go back and take a look at your post and you can see how it could be easily misunderstood :) glad it's cleared up now :)

no problem - thanks for pointinh it out just in case - I knew what I meant - dont want to confuse the OP tho.

If you have a couple hundred dollars I bet you could easily meet 922r compliance AND get a full-length tube. The gun doesn't feel right without a full-length tube or a mag extension, so I'd suggest that as your first modification. Something about only having 5 rounds feels... sad :(

• 2 weeks later...