Rust on M3 cartridge tube?

JL

Hi,

I've had my M3 replaced but the cartridge tube still has this fine brown (rust?) coating. It's right under the pump latch where the tube isn't coated and bare metal is left there. So far all 3 M3 shotguns I've looked at have this. I'm not too worried as I'm keeping an eye on it and will make sure it's under control. However I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem (or if it's a problem).

Presently I have another problem with the new shotgun. The rotary bolt head doesn't always rotate to get a proper seating (i.e. you can pull the trigger and hear a click but no bang). Since this is my replacement shotgun from Benelli, I'm wondering if Benelli has some QA issues.

Regards, JL

Interesting.

The 2 M3s I got were well packed and oil except when you open the pump action.

The "rust" isn't visually obvious until I tried to wipe the cartridge/magazine tube and the brown stuff came off.

Does your version's magazine tube have a coated portion and an uncoated portion near the top?

Love the gun, but wish it would get fixed. I may also need a few thousand rounds before feeling confident with it again.

Regards, JL