New M2 Owner

JoeWretch

Hi All, In exactly 68 hours I will be picking up my brand new M2 Tactical! This is my first Benelli AND my first shotgun. I'm very excited.

Today my Vtac sling and buttstock adapter arrived, along with my Benelli soft tactical gun case. Also I downloaded the M2 manual on line for review. Honestly, I wasn't that thrilled with the manual. Can anyone tell me where I can find a good description of a detailed strip of the M2? Searched YouTube but not much there other than a few basic field strips.

Also, for those with an M2, what mods and accessories would you recommend as a 'must have'?

Good shooting everyone!

-J

Can anyone tell me where I can find a good description of a detailed strip of the M2? Searched YouTube but not much there other than a few basic field strips.

-J

I have developed highly detailed disassembly manuals for a variety of popular guns such as the Benelli M2 that illustrate all the parts and how they relate in function. If you are interested in purchasing one send me a PM.

stripping the m2 is so simple

1. make sure chamber is clear

2. point in safe direction pull trigger

3. unscrew the mag extenstion

4. grab barrel and forearm one hand pull straight out

5. pull out the action

6. pull two pins on frame release trigger group

its that simple

• 1 month later...

Hi All- Thank you all for your encouraging posts. The M2 really is quite a nice piece of work. After about 250 hundred rounds at the outdoor range to break it in a bit (which made all my non Benelli-owning friends very jealous!), I took it to a 2-day defensive shotgun class. I ran another 350 rounds consisting of bird, 00 buck and slugs through it and had a great time. During extended rapid-fire drills (15-25 rounds as fast as you could load and hit targets), the pump guns around me were jamming while my M2 fired fast and continuously. It rocked! So far, out of 600 rounds, I had only one fail to fire. I'm really thrilled with this shotgun and completely satisfied. I've also been using it to shoot clays! Clays are new to me and the M2's ghost sights make it a little difficult to quickly spot the moving clay. But all of the clays broke...some in the air and some when they hit the ground. It might be time to get the larger magazine for it, and maybe a side saddle. Or maybe I should just buy another Benelli to keep this one company...!

Hi All- Thank you all for your encouraging posts. The M2 really is quite a nice piece of work. After about 250 hundred rounds at the outdoor range to break it in a bit (which made all my non Benelli-owning friends very jealous!), I took it to a 2-day defensive shotgun class. I ran another 350 rounds consisting of bird, 00 buck and slugs through it and had a great time. During extended rapid-fire drills (15-25 rounds as fast as you could load and hit targets), the pump guns around me were jamming while my M2 fired fast and continuously. It rocked! So far, out of 600 rounds, I had only one fail to fire. I'm really thrilled with this shotgun and completely satisfied. I've also been using it to shoot clays! Clays are new to me and the M2's ghost sights make it a little difficult to quickly spot the moving clay. But all of the clays broke...some in the air and some when they hit the ground. It might be time to get the larger magazine for it, and maybe a side saddle. Or maybe I should just buy another Benelli to keep this one company...!

pump guns jamming? Lol

I've also been using it to shoot clays! Clays are new to me and the M2's ghost sights make it a little difficult to quickly

Congratulations on your weapon.

Are you shooting clays at a commercial skeet|trap range? In our area, the minimum barrel length is 24" and if caught you are banned from the range.

Hey Joe! Congrats on the new baby!!! Just remember the M2s inertia system doesn't like too much extra weight added on accessory-wise.....Thats what M4s are for!.....:)

Later,

Hookster :)

Hookster; so you're giving me permission to buy an M4? THANKS! Maybe that will be my 2012 Christmas present to myself!

Congratulations on your weapon.

Are you shooting clays at a commercial skeet|trap range? In our area, the minimum barrel length is 24" and if caught you are banned from the range.

Uh...minimum barrel length?! :o

I've not tried it yet at the commercial ranges. Just on BLM land with my Trius 1-step thrower. What's the big deal about shooting clay with 18.5" barrels? Doesn't that give everyone else an advantage over me?

Next you'll be telling me I can't shoot my shotgun on the golf course! What's this world coming to? ;)