m2 trigger stuck

jsimages

i have purchased a m2 slug gun for a upcoming deer hunt and after shooting it a few times sighting it in the trigger seems to be stuck in the fired poistion. could someone please help me as i only have a lil over a week before i leave for my deer hunt out of state. thanks and i look forward to hearing your guys advice.

A bit more information would be helpful for running diagnostics. Have you cycled the bolt back and let it go forward on its own? Have you removed the trigger group to see if the hammer will lock back? Any foreign objects in the trigger mechanism preventing the trigger from setting? Does the trigger move freely fore and aft in the housing?

i have shot the gun several times and then it just stopped. are there any drawings or videos online to show me how to dismantel the gun and check for the issues you have posted above? someone had said that when you buy the gun theres some type of plastic around the trigger or something and that they may have not removed them properely? if this is so could someone please give me more deatils as how to check this and or fix the issue.

A bit more information would be helpful for running diagnostics. Have you cycled the bolt back and let it go forward on its own? Have you removed the trigger group to see if the hammer will lock back? Any foreign objects in the trigger mechanism preventing the trigger from setting? Does the trigger move freely fore and aft in the housing?

Tactical is correct. Break your gun down, remove the forearm and barrel & the bolt and then remove the trigger group from the reciever.(see schematic in manual) Check for anything that may cause any problems, metal filings, broken springs etc., and wash the whole assembly with a pressurized aerosol type of gun scrubber. Use a toothbrush to clean any visible debris in the assembly and then oil up the moving parts. Barring any mechanical defects, this should solve your problem. As far as what type of oil to use, I prefer a quality lubricant that can withstand cold temperatures...usually a high quality synthetic based oil.

If this doesn't solve the problem, contact Benelli Customer Service.