Benelli m4 full length tube or tube ext?

Lexusf

Just picked up Benelli m4, my first add was butt stock. Looking at charging handle now and tube... Any help on which ones are best is awesome. Thanks in advance!

I would say from seeing many post around here it would be kips http://shop.carriercomp.com/

by also reading it could take a minute to get a response and product but by reading the reviews well worth it .

I would definitely recommend kips at carriercomp as well. Superb craftmanship, perfect finish, plus he includes a free us made follower and premium spring. You do have to be patient though, took about 2 months for me to receive mine, but well worth the wait. An extension would be easier (not that its difficult to install a full length tube), but if you care at all about 922r than the ext wont help you out any.

Just picked up Benelli m4, my first add was butt stock. Looking at charging handle now and tube... Any help on which ones are best is awesome. Thanks in advance!

you want the best? IMO the best is CarrierComp. but for the best you have to pay more and be patient.

Funny thing is this is the company I had book marked months ago! I just never ordered because I did not have a m4 yet..

I specifically ordered my tube from carriercomp a few months before I was going to receive my m4. I actually got the tube first, so no waiting once i got the gun. It would have been hard to wait for it had i gotten the gun first though

I specifically ordered my tube from carriercomp a few months before I was going to receive my m4. I actually got the tube first, so no waiting once i got the gun. It would have been hard to wait for it had i gotten the gun first though

+1

Carriercomp's stuff is the best option in MY opinion. The bolt-handle is WITHOUT peer unless you have one of the Ti handles from Design Concepts, however, those are almost collector items now.

The mag-tube is likely better than FFT's mag-tube, I have not held one from FFT, though, so that is a guess based on my experience with their bolt-handle. It was less than perfect. It peened slightly on the retaining surfaces within a hundred rounds. I didn't like that. Would it ever become significant? I don't know. I don't care. Sold it after full disclosure. I never contacted FFT about this "issue" and take no issue with them for it.

SOCOMguy's tubes are also flawless based on hundreds upon hundreds (thousands?) of satisfied customers. They are made of steel.

If you want a titanium tube, my advice is to buy Kip's. If you want a steel tube, buy SOCOMguy's.

SOCOMguy was one of the very first sources of full-length mag tubes for the M4S90 and over the years I have NEVER!!! seen anything negative about his products. He is also a good person based on all I know of him. Kip is also a good guy, and even Kip in our personal conversations has said positive things about the owner of FFT.

Bottom line? Read about the experiences of others, read about the products, and buy what YOU think best suites YOUR needs.

I feel that FFT has ripped off of Kip some because they seem to have jumped on the Ti tube band wagon right after he did. They are an obvious copy/competitor. HOWEVER, Kip sometimes has long wait times, and back when FFT came about, his wait times were sometimes excruciating. FFT did not have those wait times. That made them different imo. They offered a similar product with much less barrier to entry. Being non-partisan, who could fault them? Gap...filled.

On that note, Kip one-upped SOCOMguy (in some people's opinions) by offering an identical type of product out of a different material. Again, someone found a niche in the market and filled it.

My point here is that I have dealt with FFT and CC (although not SOCOMguy, but his reputation is indisputable) and found them to all be stand-up when dealing with you, the customer.

I drink Kip's kool-aid, but I will not call either of the other two a poor choice. That being said, I feel that Kip R&D's his products a lot more thoroughly than FFT does. FFT's business model is to rush the product to market, Kip's is to create perfection. FFT has had a few R&D type complaints over the years, Kip, as far as I know, has NEVER! had ANYONE say anything publicly about one of his products being sub-par. Same for SOCOMguy. Flawless reviews everywhere you look.

Carriercomp gets all my business, FWIW, and I have NEVER been let down.

Edited by Unobtanium

Thanks guys. I did read about lips a little heckler&kochp2000 I am not patient! Lol! I like stuff now! So anyone know of anything about freedom ?

Buy the FFT tube, install it without lock-tite, then buy a CC tube and when it arrives, sell the one you don't like. Money doesn't appear to be an issue with you, and this will give you the chance to have the BEST product after fondling both. You will be able to re-coup most of your cost, and if you decide on the FFT over the carrier-comp, probably ALL of your cost as you can save someone wait time and they will probably pay for that convenience and buy from you at MSRP. I have flipped some stuff from Kip at MSRP before and was profusely thanked.

Of if you want steel, SOCOMguy is the only game in town imo.

• 4 weeks later...

That's funny because I did the same thing too. LOL Stocked up on ammo too! I pick up the gun in two days...sweet!

I see that this thread has resurfaced.. so if you all will excuse a bit of off topic news I thought that you might like to see a pix of our real traditional upper Michigan deer hunting camp. The pix was after Lake Superior dumped some white stuff on us (thats tracking snow for you down south guys !). This is rifle hunting country so there is not much need for the M4 unless one is planning on a little close up fast action deep in the cedar swamp.

FL mag tube update.... I just finished a small batch of tubes that are ready to be sent out for "Diamond-Kote" , color will be the usual matte black that matches the other black parts of the gun. If by chance someone wants a tube in some other color ( red, blue, purple etc!! ) this would be a good time to contact me.

Regards, Joe B [email protected] Camp4.jpg