New Benelli M2 Tactical Owner With Questions

MJ2008

Greetings, I purchased a Benelli M2 Tactical with the ghost ring and the ComforTech stock today and I would appreciate if someone could clarify a couple of questions I have. Prior to purchasing I watched a couple of videos on you tube as well as a video on the Benelli site in regards to disassembly. The videos showed that you unscrew the end cap and then you are able to remove the barrel and stock. I found that my Benelli has two pieces that can unscrew. One has the attachment to attach a sling then there is a long piece after it that can unscrew. When I unscrew either one the magazine spring pops out. I didn't see this in the videos I watched and would have preferred to be able to diassemble the weapon without having this spring fly out each time along with the ring. Is there a way to disassemble without the spring and ring removal or is there a optional item that can be purchased so that the spring remains inside the magazine when I take off the cap(s). Lastly my M2 came in a cardboard box with all the attachments and manuals. When I reviewed one of the videos on the Benelli site it shows a M2(Field Model I think) with an included hard case. Just wondering is this not included with the tactical model or did my gun shop forget to include it with my purchase. Thanks!

Oh well. For the money spent on the gun a nice plastic case would have been...well ok I guess. I'll spring for a case thats all. But more importantly I'm not thrilled about the way it disassembles. That little ring holds the spring in place and the the end of the knob is open. It just doesn't look right some how.

you can take that lil ring holding the spring out and let it sit inside the extension tube and screw the tube back on if that is what your talking about? should be able to add two more shells; and btw just get a nice 35 dollar tactical case i mean u leave your weapon in the safe and just use the case to carry to you ranges

No, what I am writing about is the magazine spring is kept in place by a ring and it sits against the end of the extension tube. When you unscrew the tube in order to remove the barrel during disassembly the spring then shoots out and has to be removed during the disassembly. On other weapons the spring stays inside the magazine unless a piece holding it in place is pried loose. This allows to just remove the end cap then take off the barrel. Other Benelli shotguns seemed to disassemble this way(from my observation of videos on you tube).

I havent taken it to the range yet but I'm pretty confident that I will like it. But yes it would be more to my liking if I could resolve that spring issue. I looked online at some of the options offered by Nordic Components an others but there doesnt seem to be anything out there.