Gun oils

mysbeII

I am not sure what you mean by extreme cold, but I have been using SLiP 2000 on most of my rifles and shotguns with great success! It makes them easy to clean and have never had a problem in cold weather. I am doing some testing this winter on my R1 338 so far hunting down to -25f and soon -40f or colder. I like the winter hunts no bugs and no meat cooling problems, NO BEARS most the time!

I replaced my old spring with the new one that Benelli set me. The new one was three inches longer. Put a small amount of gunslick in and she ran like a charm on Saturday and Sunday in 40 mph winds and rain.... I think the big difference was the new return Spring.

Okay the cold hit and now have a result for a R1 with SLiP 2000 at -37f. Cold soaked for 4 hours and fired a box of 225 grain barnes over a 2 hour period worked flawlessly. The clean up after was a snap with the SLiP 2000 coating everything, carbon wipes right off. Did notice more carbon in the gas piston then at 20 F above. Do worry about the composite stock at colder temps, no give when its cold. The only flaw noted was the safety buttun was VERY LOUD and stiff, will make sure the original packing grease is cleaned out of the safety and try it with new SLiP 2000 in it.. Winter moose and caribou hunting in December should be fun.