BLAM4 -- Benelli Light Attachment M4 -- Ordered Today

John P.

So far I've bought and later sold a KZ Quad Rail and Sidearmor Mod 2. The KZ was heavy and had poor ergonomics (someone here once stated it's like holding a Pringles can, LOL, and I agree), and the Sidearmor Mod 2 was also pretty heavy. All I really wanted was a solid, non-barrel-clamp mount for a Streamlight to leave on for HD use.

I happened upon this on Brownell's website the other week, but it was out of stock until today. Order placed--should be here in a couple days. Expensive for what it is, but we're all used to that. Seems like an interesting idea, and light and unobtrusive, especially when the light's not mounted.

From CTG's (manufacturer) site:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1149[/ATTACH]

On Brownell's.

You notice that it's a Magpul MOE plastic picatinny rail?

This could be interesting with a longer rail section pointed towards the muzzle. That short rail will never fit a QD sling mount and a weapon light. However, a a longer section that Magpul sells would work quite nicely. You could mount the offset light at the rear, and mount the QD sling mount further forward to avoid obstruction.

I'm not sure how tough these MOE rail sections are though.

A wet dream for me would be to 86 the Surefire M80 and push the light and sling mount forward and return to a FFT reproduction stock. Shave half a pound of weight and have a more stable forward mounted sling. I have a slew of parts to try some different options with though. So I might be able to make this work with what I have on hand.

The way the manufacturer plans for you to use this product is fail. It sticks you with the only option of mounting the weapon light on the opposite side of your sling mount. So running the light with momentary thumb control is out the window.

The way the manufacturer plans for you to use this product is fail. It sticks you with the only option of mounting the weapon light on the opposite side of your sling mount. So running the light with momentary thumb control is out the window.

Not knowing how to run with a sling, please explain the technique you use that impacts the thumb control of the light.

Index finger manipulation on a Streamlight?

c009.jpg

c008.jpg

Here are a couple shots demonstrating the use of the momentary/constant on function of the tail cap. If the sling was mounted just in front or just behind the GearSector mount, this wouldd put the sling in a position that will interfere with your hand placement.

The further the sling is mounted towards the muzzle, the more control you'll have over muzzle swing. So with this new upgrade, I hope to at least move the sling forward.

My guess is the mount will move around a little like the sling mount does. So mounting a laser device is a waste of time.

wow $55 bucks for that? you could get a Mako foregrip with rails on both sides top and bottom for a few more bucks. I really like it after a little dremel work it fits perfect and it protects my hands from the top of the barrel when its hot.

No offense, but I'm not really a fan of the aesthetics of that product, and having to fix something that should fit when you open the box doesn't entice me to buy.

The mount arrived today, and I love it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1157[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1158[/ATTACH]

Installation was easy. The pliers that you see were bought at Harbor Freight for a few $s a while back, and work well enough:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1159[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1160[/ATTACH]

There is absolutely, positively no movement or rattle AT ALL. The stock part rattles, and again, this does not. See how tight the tolerance is where the mount meets the barrel? Snug, snug, snug. And there is no movement front-to-back, either, as this part is ever so slightly thicker than the stock sling mount (on the bottom of the pic):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1161[/ATTACH]

More below ...

A few pictures with everything put back together:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1162[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1163[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1164[/ATTACH]

One of the great things about the offset of this light is that the barrel doesn't create shadows anywhere close to the sight picture. Also, using a Streamlight is awesome because of the easy index finger instant on/off:

c26fc15385dc5786e9f106c216c776da.gif

Happy as I could be with a light mount right about now. :)

No offense, but I'm not really a fan of the aesthetics of that product, and having to fix something that should fit when you open the box doesn't entice me to buy.

I don't judge by looks - function over form. it works great and feels good in my hands. and has four rails. I dont mind some gunsmithing , to me thats a challenge to overcome

A few pictures with everything put back together:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1162[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1163[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1164[/ATTACH]

One of the great things about the offset of this light is that the barrel doesn't create shadows anywhere close to the sight picture. Also, using a Streamlight is awesome because of the easy index finger instant on/off:

c26fc15385dc5786e9f106c216c776da.gif

Happy as I could be with a light mount right about now. :)

Great pictures. After a few hundred rounds down range, it will be interested too see if it is still 'snug'. Please keep us posted, what base & model streamlight?

Mine came in yesterday. It seems rather well built. Sturdier than I was expecting honestly. I haven't installed it yet because I'm still waiting on a snap ring to arrive from Benelli. I'm hoping there is enough rail room to install a Daniel Defense QD sling mount on the front of the rail, then install the GearSector offset mount behind it. If it works, I'll be ordering a set of FFT factory reproduction stocks to maintain 922® compliance.

Overall, it will be lighter weight and more ergonomic. The weapon light will be positioned further forward. This will reduce barrel shadowing.

I haven't decided if I am going to mount the rail pointing forward, or rearward towards the handguard yet.

Mine came in yesterday. It seems rather well built. Sturdier than I was expecting honestly. I haven't installed it yet because I'm still waiting on a snap ring to arrive from Benelli. I'm hoping there is enough rail room to install a Daniel Defense QD sling mount on the front of the rail, then install the GearSector offset mount behind it. If it works, I'll be ordering a set of FFT factory reproduction stocks to maintain 922® compliance.

Overall, it will be lighter weight and more ergonomic. The weapon light will be positioned further forward. This will reduce barrel shadowing.

I haven't decided if I am going to mount the rail pointing forward, or rearward towards the handguard yet.

Please keep us posted with pictures of your work in progress.

• 1 month later...