Want to buy a benelli but scared

ollie

I'v been reading and even watched the videos on benellis, but all the things I'v read on this forum and others makes me nervous about even buying a benelli. I know you get what you pay for, but what I'm worried about is getting a piece of trash and being out X amout of $$ for nothing. I'm on a fixed income and can't be pound foolish. I'v been saving up for this shotgun for over 3 years. And this gun as to last me at lest 10 years. So please tell me the truth about benellis.(I'm wanting to get a nova or supernova for duck&geese and upland game)

from my experiences with a benelli, u have nothing to worry about...i havent had one for very long but ive had nuthin but perfection out of mine...i have a M2 field and its the best shotgun ive ever had....my dad has a nova pump and he too hasnt had any trouble...hope this could help ya some

I've got a Benelli Nova, stainless I purchased for home defense. The kick on this weapon is significant, so I installed a recoil reducer, which I haven't tested as yet. I've decided to take another directiion for this type of weapon and am willing to let it go. It's been fired less than 20 times and has received TLC for the 6 months I've owned it. I'm willing to let it go for $450, including a padded case. If anyone is interested, hit me back.

p.s. If I'm violating any protocol here by offering this shotgun for sale, I apologize in advance.

Thanks,

~Capt Jeff

Ollie,

My first shotgun was a Benelli Nova. I am an utter novice when it comes to shotguns, and I am certain I have not maintained my shotgun like it should be, and after several years of use it is still pounding away.

I don't think you could go wrong with a Benelli Nova or Supernova.

Originally posted by ollie:

I'v been reading and even watched the videos on benellis, but all the things I'v read on this forum and others makes me nervous about even buying a benelli. I know you get what you pay for, but what I'm worried about is getting a piece of trash and being out X amout of $$ for nothing. I'm on a fixed income and can't be pound foolish. I'v been saving up for this shotgun for over 3 years. And this gun as to last me at lest 10 years. So please tell me the truth about benellis.(I'm wanting to get a nova or supernova for duck&geese and upland game)

Ollie,

My first Benelli was a Nova and I used it for dove, duck and turkey hunting. The versatility of being able to use 2 3/4, 3 and 3 1/2 shells makes the Benelli a fine choice. I liked mine so much I bought a Super Black Eagle.

My first benelli was an m4 ... I went straight to the top.

However, I have never shot a benelli that I wouldn't be proud to own, regardless of cost.

If you're really that worried about the quality, shoot any benelli before you buy yours. I'm sure you can find someone, dealer or not, that has one and will let you use it for a few rounds, especially if you say you are considering a purchase.

Do some more research before buying ... you'll be back.

ollie,

It sounds to me that you have been spending too much time on the "Duck Hunting Chat Forum". There are some serious Benelli haters at that site.

If you are so paranoid about Benelli's, I agree with some of the other guys-------buy a Remington or a Mossberg. Then there will be one more Benelli out there to buy when I am ready to get my next one.

Ollie,

I enjoy my M4 a great deal. I personally don’t follow the other offerings that are made by Benelli and mentioned on this forum; due to both a lack of time and interest. I certainly don’t put down the other choices that are made by Benelli however, they just didn’t suit my families needs.

In reading the thoughts of others regarding Benelli as a company and the M4 as a weapon, by in large they confirm my own experience as an end user. For my needs, which are mainly for home defense and a wide variety of game, it is the best shotgun that I have ever fired.

If after reading over the comments on this forum you have concerns, for what ever reason, I would agree with the others who have offered their advice. Either don’t buy a new Benelli or try and perhaps buy a first-rate used one. Regardless, the best of luck to you in sorting out the choices.

Careful, Remy.

You'll be banished from Duh Fuge :D

ollie,

Are you still there, or was this a drive-by?

Look,

I know what it's like to be on limited funds and to have to save for a long time to get your dream gun.

At least, I can remember those days anyway.

It's not an easy decision, and you want to make sure it's the right one for you.

The Nova is a good pump gun, but I still believe the Remington 870 is the best one out there.

I had one for over 25 years, and it never failed me.

The Nova may well be as good, but it doesn't have the history, nor does it have the loyal following that the 870 enjoys. At least not yet, it doesn't.

I had a Nova briefly, and found no problems with the weapon. It handled nicely and it never failed me in its short tenure with me, but I decided to step up to the SBEII and stop shucking them out manually.

If you're not completely committed to a pumper, and the SBE and M2 are out of reach, then give some serious thought towards the Beretta 390 line.

[ 08-03-2006, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: tucker301 ]

Any pump is going to have recoil - period. I don't care if it's a Benelli, Remington, Browning, Ithaca...

If you have that much concern over buying a Benelli then buy something else because you'll be second guessing yourself from now on.

I can tell you that I love my Benelli M2.

well my nova isn't a year old yet. gotta be close to 3000 rounds through her. not a single problem yet. most rounds have been at the skeet, trap and sporting clays. i have fired the 3.5's high vel through her and there is a **** of a kick. the gun has been frozen, soaked, shot until smokin and there has never been one problem. go with the new super nova and you will look back and laugh at the thought of another pump in years (many) to come.

my gun is a matt black with camo-clad added to the barrell, the fore end and the top of the stock. it will be used for all my hunting needs and i use it at the clubs. its my opion that it is the best pump that you can buy for the $. if you have a way to try the gun and compare it to the others thats the best choice.

to many people have a 500 or an 870 that has never let them down so they think its the best. its simply a good product. as is the nova but the nova has more features for the money.

just my 2 cents. smile.gif

[ 08-03-2006, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: Lloyd ]

I am fairly new to benelli's and my first benelli was a nova. I haven't had one problem with my nova and would only trade it for a supernova or a sbeII :D I have some proplem with recoil when shooting lightweigh single shots and o/u guns and using magnum loads but with the nova I hardly notice it.

Remington, mossberg and browning all make good pump guns but out of all the pumps I have shot I still prefure(spl) the nova. If you shop around, you can find a nova for around $300 and a supernova for around $400 Go to a local range and see if they have any pump guns you can try out, then go from there. Best of luck with your decision.

I was a bit reluctant to pay the extra bucks for the benellis...One reason was because I had never owned or shot an Auto 12ga that wasn't ral picky about ammo...Remy 1100 series (1187 Pol Mags etc)...were a big disaappointment...I tried saiga Russian made 12ga SGs..that were great with a little bit a work they would shoot anything...However when they first became available you could buy em for less than $200 apiece..then with about $200 of modifications to Pistol grip & braking in..they were VERY reliable..But they have reached the prices of $800 or more apiece now..

Then M1014 & a few more of the forum member s got me interested in the M4s...I shot a few Govt Issue models & fell in love with em...I now own 2 M4s & 2 M3s...& since the day I bought em..Have yet to have even one malfunction with any of em..& the Cust Service from benelli is OUTSTANDINGLY Fantastic!.. I do NOT regret at all the extra money I've paid for em

I've shot a few Super novas & plain jane Novas..& really liked em..just never bought one because I prefer using the Remy Police mag Pumps because I like my pumps being very short in length & easily readily available accessories to make them short & small to carry on board a chopper or close quarters.

If the Novas get that way..I'll probably buy a few to own personally

Buy one..You won't regret it.. smile.gif

Stay Safer!!

WOW! all of you really have some interesting experiences with your benellis. I think some of you are funnier then (h-e- double toothpicks) and some of you were being sincere in my quest to buy a great gun, and the rest of you; need some kind of medication. trucker 301; I don't do drive bys.....any more :D I'll see if I can find a range with some loaner guns if not, I'll think of something. But thanks again, and if anyone wants to add any else go for it.

to eat good you got to shoot god