two m4 issues plz help???

fullhouse

1) 90% wont fire walmart fed. 8sht. 1-1/8oz. 3drm. the spent shell FTE.

2) when the said rnd does cycle it will eject but the bolt will hang up all the way back and if i just touch the charge handle forward it will load. it will cycle slugs and shot just fine i have 150rnds fired so far im running it wet with clp and tw25 for the bolt rails. I have cleaned the m4 when i got it very well. dad and I both bought our m4s at the same gun store the same time his will fire any bird shot no issues 100% we both have dmw extention tubes&springs. also the rims of the spent shells are beating up my upper and lower port like peening it over after 150 rnds. thanks don

your are def gonna have to break it in! with some heavy duty shot before you can go cycle garbage through your gun. i had the same fte and what not with mine i put 350 rounds mag 00 buck and about 150 slugs then some high brass bird shot now it cycles anything like a champ with no problems also yes run it well lube it well!

yes very well lubed hitting it all over with clp every 15 rds or so, i dont understand my dads exact same gun fires 100% right out the box?? any way i will give it some more punishment this week end and report back. Oh what about the shell rims beating up the upper and lower ejection port of the gun when they are ejected. is any one experiencing this on there m4s. thanks

Don, don't worry, I had the same issues when my M4 was new. Now that it's broken in, my M4 cycles everything flawlessly, including 1 oz/1200fps light target loads. Your gun may take a little longer to break in than your dad's - every gun is different.

Mine also has the "peening" around the ejection port. This just means your gun isn't a safe queen.

btw, I think it is very cool that both you and your Dad have M4s!! Pictures?

1) 90% wont fire walmart fed. 8sht. 1-1/8oz. 3drm. the spent shell FTE.

Lubricate it like you would an AR-15. I recommend TW-25B grease, LaRue MG lube, and then Weapon-shield, SLIP2000,CLP, etc. in that order. Run the bolt/carrier wet. I have run 2.75DRAM through my M4S90's like a sewing machine. All 4 of them ran it fine. Lube it.

2) when the said rnd does cycle it will eject but the bolt will hang up all the way back and if i just touch the charge handle forward it will load. it will cycle slugs and shot just fine i have 150rnds fired so far im running it wet with clp and tw25 for the bolt rails. It looks like you are lubing that properly. Perhapse you should blast out the recoil-spring area and spray CLP in there, also don't neglect the cam-pin and bolt. Hold the weapon tight to your shoulder when firing wimpy ammo. Helps. I have cleaned the m4 when i got it very well. dad and I both bought our m4s at the same gun store the same time his will fire any bird shot no issues 100% we both have dmw extention tubes&springs. also the rims of the spent shells are beating up my upper and lower port like peening it over after 150 rnds. thanks don

Wear to the ejection port is normal and expected. It really seems like you are doing things "right" to me. My only advice really that is applicable to YOU is to lubricate the lifter assembly in the fire-control group. It sounds like this might be stiff. Check for binding with the trigger-group removed.

FWIW, I broke my last 2 M4S90's in using 2.75 dram target loads and experienced zero failures. I know that is a VERY SMALL sample-size, but I also lubed them after removing all shipping lube carefully and checking for any binding/correcting it before heading out.

The M4S90 is a very well designed platform, but some do take a couple hundred rounds of break-in based on what I have read of others experiences.

Edited by Unobtanium

well finally it cycles like an M4 should, 1 can of clp, 150rnds of 3inch magnum slugs, after the slugs were gone i broke it down cleaned it up and re-lubed every thing. then the TEST 100rnd of walmart value box as fast as i can pull the trigger (8rnds at a time) not one issue at all. thanks to everyone for the help and advise. Oh the one thing that i did do was lube the recoil spring area seemed to help.

well finally it cycles like an M4 should, 1 can of clp, 150rnds of 3inch magnum slugs, after the slugs were gone i broke it down cleaned it up and re-lubed every thing. then the TEST 100rnd of walmart value box as fast as i can pull the trigger (8rnds at a time) not one issue at all. thanks to everyone for the help and advise. Oh the one thing that i did do was lube the recoil spring area seemed to help.

• 11 months later...
WHY cant you write? Can't you read your post to see if it makes sense to anybody other than you before you post? Sir, you need to repeat grades 3-6 and learn how to write.

Wow, that’s what this world needs, more people like you that would criticizes someone you don’t even know or their circumstance. It made perfect sense to me. You must have been one of those school bullies?

As others have stated you will have to break it in with 100+ rounds of heave loads (00 buck works well). But it doesnt need to be "wet" at all. after the break in period your M4 will eat about anything except low recoil shells.

I've owned my M4 for three weeks now. My experience has been that after firing approximately 250 shells of various types, it began cycling everything I fed it including low recoil buckshot and slug loads. I don't run the gun "wet," but do use a liberal amount of Tetra grease on the bolt and bolt rails.

I now have about 300 rounds through it and it's beginning to cycle light target loads like the Winchester Universal shells sold at Walmart, but not yet 100% of the time. However, I believe it will soon be reliably cycling them as well. :cool:

WHY cant you write? Can't you read your post to see if it makes sense to anybody other than you before you post? Sir, you need to repeat grades 3-6 and learn how to write.

HAHA! That's funny. I hope he wasn't driving when he struggled to post that! I've made a real ass of myself more than once by texting/posting from my phone. That damn auto-correct!