BLAM4 Mount Review

StrangerDanger

For anyone that needs more information on the BLAM4 or if you want to / need to buy direct from us at Corps Technology Group, please contact us directly.

[email protected]

We have the email / technical issues solved.

I welcome any and all design related comments. Our first production version meets the requirements of the two units that requested it, however, we realize this exact design won't fit everyone's application. We're working on another version, however, I'm open to suggestions before we make the next round of prototypes.

Vr

- VooDoo

For some reason I'm not able to post on this thread as much as I try...

- BLAM4 Inventor

If you are attempting to add links, they are intercepted and then reviewed. The review can take days, so it is best to add spaces etc into your message. i.e.

yahoo . com / whatever / etc. :D

I have over 120 posts and mine are still intercepted.

Welcome to the forum.

Recent BLAM4 feedback:

Benelli M4 Owner in Alaska emailed with an issue. Owner has an M4 with the camo pattern. Seems the duracoat camo pattern is causing issues with mounting the BLAM4 on his shotgun since the duracoat is a few thousandths thicker than the black anodized finish on the more common black M4.

We've developed a few suggested procedures for him to try and once we figure out the best solution we'll publish for all forum readers to see.

-VooDoo

My only issue with the BLAM is the way the unit shifts due to only having a single screw through it. The two two black plastic bumps on the MOE rail aren't large enough to limit the unit from rotating. You can't tighten the screw enough without risking stripping the screw or cracking the plastic MOE rail segment.

I'm thinking of filling the two black plastic index 'plugs' with epoxy to try to limit movement. The unit itself will rock back and forth maybe 5 - 10 degrees. It's enough to annoy you though.

I need a rail segment with at least one more picatinny rail 'bump.' There currently isn't enough room to mount my light and sling to the short supplied section.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I received my BLAM4 today and just finished the install. I ordered directly from Corps Technology Group on Thursday night and had it in the mail today.

I am very pleased with the install. I was worried about movement because of the other complaints, but I have zero movement or play with the mount installed on my desert camo M4. I did not have to use any super glue to keep the mount from moving.

I installed with the rail on the right. At first I had the rail pointed back, and there was a very small amount of movement in this position. I then flipped the mount so that the rail was forward, and it fit very snug this way (just a slight difference in machining). This works better anyway as it gets my light closer to the muzzle. I am extremely pleased with this simple solution for mounting a light on my M4. The light (currently a Surefire Scout 600c) sits a little farther away from the mag tube/barrel than I would like, but I think it's necessary to make the mount this way for people who want to mount it with the rail pointed back toward the butt of the gun.

Also with the Scout light mounted in the forward position, I still have enough slack in my pressure switch to stick it on the left side of the forearm for activation with my thumb. A+ for my application!

• 2 weeks later...

I finally came up with a use for the BLAM4 with the help of Daniel. Basically, I'm going to turn it into a dedicated forward QD sling mount. I'm going to remove the MOE rail, drill out the inner hole to 1/2", mount a low profile QD mount to it. Notch the mount for the locator tabs by just drilling a small indent at 12 and 6 o'clock. Then, I'll cut the excess off of the mount. I'll cut off the crappy sling mount on the opposite side and file the edges all down. I'll then hit the areas with some cold blue. Button all the fasteners up with some blue locktite.

Ill angle the mount so it covers the rear barrel hanger.

Edited by StrangerDanger

• 9 months later...

I have the BLAM mounted on my M4 using Surefire rail. The BLAM is mounted at the 6o'clock position and I am using a Surefire X300 Ultra. nice set up and I was able to solve the rattle with some electrical tape placed on the ring before the install, just enough to take up the tiny bit of space there was. This made for a slightly more difficult install, but works well for me.