Old S90 vs. New S90 extra round on shell

tymber

I was told the older version of the Super 90 would allow you to put an 8th round on the shell carrier for target shooting. They said the new models did away with this feature. What is the real story. Also, how can I tell if I own a new one or old one???? Can you tell by serial number or can you see the part change in the gun? Any help.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by tymber:

I was told the older version of the Super 90 would allow you to put an 8th round on the shell carrier for target shooting. They said the new models did away with this feature. What is the real story. Also, how can I tell if I own a new one or old one???? Can you tell by serial number or can you see the part change in the gun? Any help.

tymber,

Easiest way to identify whether your Super 90 can carry the extra shell is to look at the underside of your bolt. Refer to the pictures and text I posted in this thread for details:

http://www.benelliusa.com/forums/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/1310.html#000004

In the pictures I link to there, the head on the coin is looking at the extra cut in the bottom of the newer bolt. That is what keeps you from being able to stuff the extra shell in there. I don't know how it does it, exactly, but it does. Fill in that cut, if you have it on your bolt, and you will get your extra round.

[ 06-26-2005, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: Schiessuebung ]