121M purchase

R6j6B

woohoo.gif

Just purchased a 121M - 12ga,19" barrel,7 shot tube ,with a supposed 3" chamber and a cracked wooden stock (all the info I really know about it ) - should be here on 12/06/06 . The $200 tag on it enticed me without hesitation - so I either have an expensive parts gun or a 'diamond in the rough ' .

I will be needing an operators/owners manual and possible parts source/interchange info . I've scoured the 'net - and here is where most info leads to , but details are still sparce .

Any info the Benelli forum gurus' can share ? Much appreciated .

never call your stuff bad names,,its yours and you should be very proud of it ,,especially your Benelli,,it takes a true hard core enthusiast to see and appreciate the pre 86 Benellis let alone buy one :cool: by the way my first tip:pre 86 Benellis only came with 2-3/4 inch chamber ;)

I only call my guns bad names until I actually have them in my possession - as of now its still someone elses gun ! If it is 'that' bad - I'll fix it and make it better ...because thats what I do ! Thanks for the tip on the chamber - I was already leaning that way and my reference to *supposed* 3" chamber was calling bs on the seller .

Happy this forum is here and 121's are fairly well documented ...hope to add info myself .

peek : Benelli121M1full.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I vote diamond in the rough ! Hasn't been test fired yet , but will do so Saturday . If all goes well a bit of wood refinishing will be in order . If I really really like it the metal work will be refurbed . Nice light quick handling shotty !

Benelli121M1foregrip.jpg

Benelli121M1crackedstock.jpg

yeah man,,thats a hot 121,,,there still maybe wood for sale on e-bay or elsewhere,, if not I'll help you find some ,,,,,,,can ya post some ejection port side pics,,around the trigger guard,,show some of these Benelli people where it all started,,those where the days when the 121 M1 SL80 was the most up to date and in some cases still is the most reliable semi auto shotgun around,,

Thanks M1014!

2006_1214Image0004.jpg

2006_1214Image0005-1.jpg

Still working on my photography skills .

Any ideas on an owners manual ? It appears to be a CL (choke ? or manu. date ?) Need to take this apart to give the TLC it needs . I am going to try an R&R on the woodwork before new wood is purchased . Parts are scarce , but they are out there .

thanks for the extra pics,,numrichs as online expolded views ,,parts listing and parts,an CNDCC or something like that has SL80 or 121 wood,,,hit google and go,,the year manufacture code is in a little box with two letters in it and other proof marks on the top side of the reciever under the barrel,,this new format has me all f*cked up,,need to get you some pics and whatever assistance you need toget your 121 rite,,maybe we should e-mail or something ,,this new format says my pm department is full,,try sending me a pm and we'll see,,,keep us posted,,thats a cool Benelli,,if it wasn't for Christmas I'd buy another 121.never know with me

yup the pm box says "No Go" . I bought the 121 from CDNN !! I specifically asked about replacement parts and was told "no" . So that basically leaves Numrich . Thanks for the clues as to what to look for on codes and such . Pics will always be helpful . I just copy/pasted URL adding  and around pic url with no spaces between and there they were !

more sanding and sneezing a few dent raising procedures and now the butt stock ....

SpecialWalnut002.jpg

Patience to be exercised over night and a sealing coat or two of Spar Polyurethane followed by build coats of TruOil .This Rough Diamond is gonna be a Beaut !!

M1014 Thanks much for your help and support !!

your efforts are not in vain,,the 121 is worth it.check your PMs and e-mail

Um No ! they are not ! Yes! it is and yes I did , reply sent .

Please tell me about the washers for the fore stock ? Where *exactly* do they go ? - Receiver side (as delivered ) or mag tube nut end ? What is the *real name* for them and where to buy them and the front sling swivel ?(Numrich doesn't show them in the exploded view diagram )

eab78555-1.jpg

eab78555.jpg

Thank You Sir!

Looking for just those few seemingly elusive parts for the fore stock . emails have been replied to . Thanks again for your direction !

Received a Christmas gift this a.m. ...mucho ammo!! :D slugs ...buck ...and field ...Woot Woot!

Mixed mag test fire 2 boxes of game loads mixed with 25 1 oz slugs and 25 #1 buck say that this is one Saaaaweeeet shotty ! Not a bauble or misfeed and the recoil was very manageable . Happy Camper here !