Red Dot questions

ROCKETW19

I am looking at two different red dots and I can not tell the difference between them. I admit I am not the brighest but if someone could help me?

http://cmore.com/rts.html

http://cmore.com/railway.html

I want 2 red dots 1 for my M11A1 (Mac11) and 1 for my M4

everyone that uses Cmoore on their Macs has the railway version. I read the description 5 times and can not figure out what the railway is for.

Has anyone used the RTS or STS on their M4. I want the same look between both guns and I will probably swap out my Eotech on my AR for a Cmoore also so they all give me the same view.

any and all help is welcome.

Hey Rocket, since they both are rail mountable I think the RTS is just their latest/greatest smaller version that can also mount on scope rings etc like a Docter. The railway version is what they've had for years. I bought one for my AR w/ rear sight all in one mount back in 1999. I worked well enough but I found eventually it wouldn't turn off quite all the way although this was like 11 years after I bought it. Here's a pic of it:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1202[/ATTACH]

Later,

Hookster :)

Hey Rocket, since they both are rail mountable I think the RTS is just their latest/greatest smaller version that can also mount on scope rings etc like a Docter. The railway version is what they've had for years. I bought one for my AR w/ rear sight all in one mount back in 1999. I worked well enough but I found eventually it wouldn't turn off quite all the way although this was like 11 years after I bought it. Here's a pic of it:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1202[/ATTACH]

Later,

Thank you for the reply Hookster.

from what I have read with the railway version you can switch the MOA dot size very easy and they have a buck for you to choose from. i guess thats good for different stuff.

the RTS only has two dot sizes according to what I have read.

I think a couple of RTS red dots will be my choice as the lil sub gun and M4 will both be used under 50 yrds I think 8moa will work

I'd love to see a pic of the M-11 when you get it all dialed in! I used to have a semi auto M-10 back in the 80s. Have you looked at the Pride -Fowler mini red dots that Larue sells on their mounts? I like the extra bit of protection around the lens

http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-tactical-pride-fowler-irondot-low-profile-lt-624

later,

I'd love to see a pic of the M-11 when you get it all dialed in! I used to have a semi auto M-10 back in the 80s. Have you looked at the Pride -Fowler mini red dots that Larue sells on their mounts? I like the extra bit of protection around the lens

http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-tactical-pride-fowler-irondot-low-profile-lt-624

later,

no I never see that before. I need a shop where all this stuff is in one place. Internet is cool if you know what it is but I have no clue about all these red dots,lol

im gonna research that one now also

Larue dont sell them anymore. They have been out of the for over a yr. I called to inquire about the Pride Fowler but was told they had no plans or intentions to make anymore red dot mounts. The just have them listed on the site. Not sure why they dont remove them.

Edited by Lakotah