M4 H2O: NP3-coated M4 Tactical with skeleton stock from Benelli

LeoAtrox

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WMD Guns said they'd coat an M4 with Boron Nickel pretty inexpensively. This would be the ideal route since you could get the Titanium mag tube coated rather than the heavy steel factory tube.

Glad to see Benelli taking this step. I'd like to know how they are assembling and selling without violating the 922 BS.

I wonder how they are getting past importing these? They are putting american made parts in these guns now?

Wonder if it is because of fiscal Year 2012 Agriculture, Commerce/Justice/Science (CJS) and Transportation/Housing/Urban Development (THUD) Appropriations bills—also known as the “Mini-Bus,”

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php/27742-does-this-also-pertain-to-922R

Just got off the phone with Benelli, here is what they said:

The m4 H2O is coming with a full length magazine tube and a collapsible stock for civilians in states that allow them. You can also get them with a pistol grip stock too. The final assembly is in the U.S. with U.S.A. parts to meet 922r requirements.

The gentleman on the phone said Benelli is very excited with this new product.

Sonny...

Edited by sonny27

It will be interesting to see if Benelli does anything in print to address the issue regarding the compliance issue or use of US parts exclusively in these two H20 models. If not, it will just open the door to more confusion as they did post 2004 when they sold the mag extensions for several years, then pulled them with no formal written explanation.

Interesting. The receiver is stamped Italy. So either Benelli is producing some state side parts to bring the M4 to 922® compliance, or recent law changes have made it irrelevant.

I think your second theory is correct StrangerDanger, I have to do some research but I do recall there being legislation a couple months ago regarding shotguns specificly and the import ban. I will look it up and report.

Regards

-d

I think your second theory is correct StrangerDanger, I have to do some research but I do recall there being legislation a couple months ago regarding shotguns specificly and the import ban. I will look it up and report.

Regards

-d

Here it is.

http://www.ammoland.com/category/pro-gun/page/138/

Manasquan, NJ --(Ammoland.com)- Saiga 12’s, Benelli M4’s and virtually any other tactical/military shotgun can no longer be banned from import by the ATF.

A little noticed provision tucked into a large appropriations bill obviously flew under the radar of the “Brady Bunch” and the “Illegal Mayors.”

The new law effectively kills ATF’s plan to stop tactical/military shotgun imports by way of abusing the“sporting purpose” requirement and their agency rulemaking powers.

The “Fiscal Year 2012 Agriculture, Commerce/Justice/Science (CJS) and Transportation/Housing/Urban Development (THUD) Appropriations bills”, also known as the “Mini-Bus”, was passed by Congress, and signed into law by President Obama on November 18, 2011.

The new law reads as follows:

SEC. 541. None of the funds made available by this Act may be used to pay the salaries or expenses of personnel to deny, or fail to act on, an application for the importation of any model of shotgun if–

(1) all other requirements of law with respect to the proposed importation are met; and

(2) no application for the importation of such model of shotgun, in the same configuration, had been denied by the Attorney General prior to January 1, 2011, on the basis that the shotgun was not particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes.

This new law became necessary due to the ATF releasing on January 27, 2011, a “Study on the Importability of Certain Shotguns.” The “Study” argued “military shotguns, or shotguns with common military features that are unsuitable for traditional shotgun sports” should be banned from import into the U.S.

The ban would have applied to all shotguns including semi-autos, pump-actions, double barrels, etc. As part of the rulemaking process, comments from the public on the study were allowed to be submitted until May 1, 2011.

Trying to find the video from SHOT, but in it, the speaker said that the shotgun was going to be assembled in the US and would have the requisite US-made components to make it 922r-compliant; and they they will only be able to manufacture, at most, about 1000 units per year ... I don't know; my memory could be fuzzy.

Here it one video mentioning "remanufacturing," but not the one I'm thinking of: http://www.youtube.com/user/Sturmgewehre#p/u/2/V-S1cUs10Jw

Edited by LeoAtrox

Trying to find the video from SHOT, but in it, the speaker said that the shotgun was going to be assembled in the US and would have the requisite US-made components to make it 922r-compliant; and they they will only be able to manufacture, at most, about 1000 units per year ... I don't know; my memory could be fuzzy.

Here it one video mentioning "remanufacturing," but not the one I'm thinking of: http://www.youtube.com/user/Sturmgewehre#p/u/2/V-S1cUs10Jw

They are remanufacturing the shotgun here in the USA, therefore the components are 922r compliant.