New FFT Stuff

Betatron

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just sent an email to Todd at FFT and asked if there was any geometry change to help this issue. Having a NP3 coated hammer might speed up the action marginally since the BCG slides back over the hammer in order to recock it. I don't expect to see a night and day difference from such a minor enhancement, but if it shaves a few hundredths of a second off of lock time, I'll be more than happy.

Hopefully their lead times, product availability and communications will be top shelf.

FFT is advertising their full length finished Titanium magazine tube weighing in at 152.68 grams vs OEM 297.97 grams. What is Kip's Titanium full length weight?

Really interested in the review of their trigger package.

Spoke with Todd this afternoon and he advised me that he'd ship out my fire control pkg on the 23rd when he gets back from the Shot Show. From what he described it all sounds great, he said with the FFT fire control the M4 trigger pull is reduced ~1.5# compared to stock. Looking forward to having compliance with my OEM handguards.

I talked to Todd over at FFT about installation. He says the hardest part is the hammer. Having done the hammer previously, I can say that it is pretty easy with the right tools. For the trigger and disconnector, he said you knock one pin out and the trigger will come out. Then there is a small pin that retains the disconnector. He said the springs are pretty easy to deal with.

The trigger itself is NP3 coated. The hammer is coated in in something similar to NP3. Each piece was coated with a particular finish to suit the job that it performs.

There is no geometry change to the disconnector, so it will not affect the hammer down condition. In order to address that issue, the modifications would likely need to be done to the shell elevator and how it disengages the disconnector upon dropping.

The biggest draw will be the reduced trigger pull. I predict carrier cyclic rate will be statistically unchanged, but not hindered in any way. Obviously adding three US Made parts in one shot to the M4 is a wet dream I've had since 2004. Getting to the coveted four US Made parts is now extremely easy.

I'll take some comparison shots when my set arrives along with my carriercomp hammer offering.

I predict everyone will dog-pile them as soon as a few reviews are out. I have no idea what kind of supply lines FFT maintains in terms of quantities.

FFT is a well run business that has provided me with some VERY good M4 parts. Now that I'm compliant, I'm not super eager to replace more FCG parts, but the trigger pull improvement may pull me into the vortex.

You're right Stranger,

They could go from 100 triggers to zero in a day or two based on positive initial reviews.

The Super90 "M" trigger-disconnector group is pretty simple to disassemble.....however if you have two thumbs you may find it a bit challenging due to the small disconnector pin......removal is fairly easy, re-installing it a bit tricky. These photos might help[ATTACH=CONFIG]1261[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1262[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1263[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1264[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1265[/ATTACH]

Edited by benelliwerkes

Looks like all these stupid compliance parts may be moot. Check out this article.

It's the second one down on the page.

http://www.ammoland.com/category/pro-gun/page/138/

Manasquan, NJ --(Ammoland.com)- Saiga 12’s, Benelli M4’s and virtually any other tactical/military shotgun can no longer be banned from import by the ATF.

A little noticed provision tucked into a large appropriations bill obviously flew under the radar of the “Brady Bunch” and the “Illegal Mayors.”

The new law effectively kills ATF’s plan to stop tactical/military shotgun imports by way of abusing the“sporting purpose” requirement and their agency rulemaking powers.

The “Fiscal Year 2012 Agriculture, Commerce/Justice/Science (CJS) and Transportation/Housing/Urban Development (THUD) Appropriations bills”, also known as the “Mini-Bus”, was passed by Congress, and signed into law by President Obama on November 18, 2011.

The new law reads as follows:

SEC. 541. None of the funds made available by this Act may be used to pay the salaries or expenses of personnel to deny, or fail to act on, an application for the importation of any model of shotgun if–

(1) all other requirements of law with respect to the proposed importation are met; and

(2) no application for the importation of such model of shotgun, in the same configuration, had been denied by the Attorney General prior to January 1, 2011, on the basis that the shotgun was not particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes.

This new law became necessary due to the ATF releasing on January 27, 2011, a “Study on the Importability of Certain Shotguns.” The “Study” argued “military shotguns, or shotguns with common military features that are unsuitable for traditional shotgun sports” should be banned from import into the U.S.

The ban would have applied to all shotguns including semi-autos, pump-actions, double barrels, etc. As part of the rulemaking process, comments from the public on the study were allowed to be submitted until May 1, 2011.

Looks like all these stupid compliance parts may be moot. Check out this article.

I thought the same and asked that question on this forum regarding mini-bus Appropriations bill . Also called NRA twice and the last call the Legal Department informed me that Mini-Bus doesn't void out 922r.

All very confusing, since Benelli now has a 11711 with C-Stock.

Anyone foresee any issues running the FFT trigger and disconnector with the hammer?

StrangerDanger has already ordered one and you can take this too the bank, his review of the components will be 1st class.

So sometime after the shot-show check back for his review.

There is certainly potential for failure in any trigger pack that is relying on other parts for tolerances to be met/maintained. I'm not certain who the actual manufacturer of the FCG components are. FFT didn't offer a name up, and I did't ask. They did sit on this project for a year doing testing. FFT's claim is that the components are superior in build quality than the OEM parts. When pressed on what that meant in reality, FFT said that they were EDM wire cut, properly hardened, ground and they have a superior finish on each of the final parts.

I have a carriercomp hammer on hand as well as the OEM unit. I could visually tell that the carriercomp offering was vastly superior to the OEM unit in build quality. The machining was much more crisp and the hammer hook engages better.

If the FCG breaks on anyone, it'll be me. Those 0.20 second shot breaks with high brass rounds are rough on a weapon.

I am also looking forward to the review; notwithstanding the 922r issue, will the 'upgrade' be worth the $130? I'll contribute $10 for ammo for StrangerDanger to do some before and after testing with a cost/benefit analysis - I'm sure FFT has done a substantial amount of testing to make sure the parts equal or exceed OEM - just trying to figure out if the parts are "worth it"

SD - tell me how to get the 'contribution' to you.

tactical1,

I appreciate the offer, but it isn't needed. I have about 6k of various 12 gauge on hand. My 'range' is free and about five minutes away. A normal range outing will eat up 300 rounds.

What it will come down to is if you need the 922 parts. If you just want a lighter trigger, just buy the trigger portion. FFT reportss a 1.5 lbs reduction in trigger pull. So it'll end up around 6 lbs. The disconnector and hammer won't effect the trigger feel.

Hopefully the stuff arrives by Wednesday.