Just got my first shotgun.....with a few mods installed.

DoingOK

;)Hello fellas.

After reviewing and researching for the last three months, I finally decided to go with a Benelli M4 Tactical for home defense/target practice. Added a few items to it already and have a few things coming in the mail. Installed a bigger bolt handle and +2 magazine extension. Put a Burris red dot sight on it and I have a Surefire M80 with vertical grip (Crimson Trace MVF-515) being delivered Tuesday. I cleaned it up and lubricated everything.....may shoot it for the first time tomorrow. Is 6 shot a heavy enough load for proper cycling? I hope so as I have 100 rds of it sitting around. Thanks in advance and I look forward to learning some more from this forum.

Rich

DSC06362.jpg

If someone where to break in what do you do turn your red dot on first?

I believe the word you're looking for is "were".

To answer your slightly invective question: The red dot sight is not installed while the shotgun is sitting beside my bed at night. I have a crimson trace green laser and 250 lumen light incorporated into the vertical foregrip if needed. Thanks for your concern.

Edited by DoingOK

To answer your slightly invective question: The red dot sight is not installed while the shotgun is sitting beside my bed at night. I have a crimson trace green laser and 250 lumen light incorporated into the vertical foregrip if needed. Thanks for your concern.

nice can you take pics of the VG? I will also be intrested in how the fast fire holds up if shooting full load buckshot

also welcome to the fourm

Thanks for the welcome fellas. I've been tied up with work out of state, so I haven't even had a chance to install everything yet or fire it. I want to have all the functionality but minimize extra weight and girth so that is why I chose the Crimson Trace foregrip. My wife will be shooting it as well(former Marine). I should have all the parts installed tonight as I have a range time setup tomorrow. Thanks again.

Rich

Yes were is the word I should have typed. I was thinking where do you use that on a shotgun. Come On it's a SHOTGUN

I was thinking where do you use that on a shotgun. Come On it's a SHOTGUN

I use it on top.:cool:

Not sure what your intent is, but there are several reasons to choose certain products. Many people prefer a red dot sight for their shotguns.....I have yet to make that final determination. I am trying several different options for my shotgun and will end up using what works best for me. Have a nice evening.

Edited by DoingOK

I use it on top.:cool:

Not sure what your intent is, but there are several reasons to choose certain products. Many people prefer a red dot sight for their shotguns.....I have yet to make that final determination. I am trying several different options for my shotgun and will end up using what works best for me. Have a nice evening.

Enjoy your shotgun. Remember exhale and hold your breath before you pull your trigger:rolleyes:

Enjoy your shotgun. Remember exhale and hold your breath before you pull your trigger:rolleyes:

I will......and I'll make sure I put my eye real close to the sight.

Getting the gun ready for the range. Parts installed, everything lubed.

DSC06407.jpg

Edited by DoingOK

I think you will be fine with the #6 shot. A lot of folks seem to recommend a couple hundred rounds of high brass to break in the gun. Others will say that isn't necessary. All I know for sure is what worked for me. I tore my NIB gun down. I wiped it down. I put a couple of drops of oil on the bolt head/bolt carrier interface. I put a light coat of white grease on the bolt carrier rails, hammer face, and sear surfaces. I then put it all back together. I then put on a glove for padding and racked the bolt home a few hundred time. The wife and dog really enjoyed this;-). I could tell a difference in the hand cycling as the bolt would not rotate onto battery if i closed it slowly. After the hand cycling, the bolt lugs had wore in to the point where, no mater how gently you closed the bolt, the lugs would seat and close completely. I then took it out and ran five rounds of Federal slugs to see how close the POA was to POI. Then I ran five rounds of Federal 00 buck through it to get an idea of the pattern at a few different ranges. Finally I ran 100 rounds of Federal Valuepack (Walmart) through it. The Only FTFeed was self induced as I tested to see if I could shoot the low brass from the hip. I couldn't be happier!

YMMV.

Edited by Wrinkles